Broward sheriff Scott Israel refuses to resign, touts 'amazing leadership' in interview with Tapper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not uncommon for the entire Chain of Command to be relieved in many situations in the Military as well. Not just the CDR, the CSM/1SG, Company CDR, PLT LDR etc. I once saw a BN CDR and CSM relieved in Korea for a Company that had 3 frostbite casualties in the field on an exercise You are either totally responsible for the training and actions of your subordinates, or you are not and cannot claim their Victories only. This Sheriff if nothing else has lost the confidence of the community he is sworn to protect.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is especially true when there are multiple failures. As Auric Goldfinger put it: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action." In this case, it was four times. That department needs a checkup from the neck up.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I mentioned somewhere earlier regarding the deputy not going in to stop the shooter during the shooting, I’d like to see the plan that I can only hope was in place. The adequacy and detail in the reaction plan would go a long way in determining the level and quality of leadership, amazing or not so much, that the sheriff provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More than likely a shooter plan was to lock in place, the wrench in the plan came with the fire alarm being pulled.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why should he resign? The cop that was on site was armed and had the proper training-besides, no one really know how a person will react when "under fire" until that particular moment. Military members under fire have been known to tuck tail and run leaving the rest to fight even though they passed all the training methods. The Chief wasn't on site, I don't know if he assigned the coward cop to the school or if he came from a "pool" of volunteers. Regardless, the Chief did nothing wrong in my estimation other than holding his position. None of us know the entire story other than some crowds what his head on a platter. We have had some government leaders do worse and they remained in office only the victims weren't children-they were active duty.
He is the boss of those who were assigned and placed in charge of the safety of the school. He is the one who is responsible for the plan of action for said situations of his ifficers not following up on complaints against the shooter. He is the one who has lost confidence from many in his county.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is the boss of those who were assigned and placed in charge of the safety of the school. He is the one who is responsible for the plan of action for said situations of his ifficers not following up on complaints against the shooter. He is the one who has lost confidence from many in his county.
I'm sure it was a typo, but how wonderfully apropos! "Ifficers."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why should he resign? The cop that was on site was armed and had the proper training-besides, no one really know how a person will react when "under fire" until that particular moment. Military members under fire have been known to tuck tail and run leaving the rest to fight even though they passed all the training methods. The Chief wasn't on site, I don't know if he assigned the coward cop to the school or if he came from a "pool" of volunteers. Regardless, the Chief did nothing wrong in my estimation other than holding his position. None of us know the entire story other than some crowds what his head on a platter. We have had some government leaders do worse and they remained in office only the victims weren't children-they were active duty.

Besides being "Captain of the ship" that hit an iceberg, Israel is also one of the county officials who are part of the "Promise Program". That program is a collaboration between all county officials, the school board and the sheriff to instruct deputies to NOT arrest high school students. Even agreeing to such a ludicrous agreement is a violation to his oath to uphold the law.

Israel is a hard core anti-gun liberal leftist. He's agreeing to things no CLEO anywhere should ever agree to. He knew that four of his deputies had disgraced the profession when he was on CNN attacking Dana Loesh over guns. He's an abject failure to law enforcement and he has to go!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides being "Captain of the ship" that hit an iceberg, Israel is also one of the county officials who are part of the "Promise Program". That program is a collaboration between all county officials, the school board and the sheriff to instruct deputies to NOT arrest high school students. Even agreeing to such a ludicrous agreement is a violation to his oath to uphold the law.

Israel is a hard core anti-gun liberal leftist. He's agreeing to things no CLEO anywhere should ever agree to. He knew that four of his deputies had disgraced the profession when he was on CNN attacking Dana Loesh over guns. He's an abject failure to law enforcement and he has to go!
Yeah, he is totally anti 2A. It showed up on the CNN town hall and when Dana Lausch handed him his arse in a bag for his comments.
If some of the other thread links are true about the involvement with Cair are true, he leaves a lot of questions he needs to answer.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Listen to this 3rd hour of Tom Gresham’s Gun Talk. At about 36:30, he and the caller talk about armed teachers and at about 42:45 Gresham says that medical people were kept out of the Stoneman Douglas High School. Haven't found anything yet to back this up on the internet.

http://guntalk.libsyn.com/offering-...inesses-being-harassed-gun-talk-radio-22518-c

That's not protocol anywhere that I know of around here. Medics follow LE inside.

FWIW,I was listening to Bill Cunningham last night and he made the same comment(3 different times on his show) on paramedics/EMTs being denied entrance to treat victims(wanted to go in).

Latest posts

Top Bottom