Browning Buckmark thoughts.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a buckmark back in the 80's and have ran literally thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of rounds throught it without any significant problems. Up until getting that s&w 617 it was my favorite. It still holds a special place in my heart.....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an early Buckmark Silhouette with the 9 7/8" bull barrel, Harris bipod and Leupold 4X pistol scope. I had a sling stud mounted just in front of the magazine well on the pistol grip (yes, there's exactly enough room). It made an awesome squirrel rig with a sling mounted. My friends all hated it because it would outshoot their .22 rifles! It would literally put them all in one hole at 25 yards with preferred fodder.

You may not believe this, but I finally sold it because I got bored with it. It was so accurate that I never missed anything, ever. There was no challenge, which is why I sold it. Never thought I'd sell a gun because it was too accurate!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had an early Buckmark Silhouette with the 9 7/8" bull barrel, Harris bipod and Leupold 4X pistol scope. I had a sling stud mounted just in front of the magazine well on the pistol grip (yes, there's exactly enough room). It made an awesome squirrel rig with a sling mounted. My friends all hated it because it would outshoot their .22 rifles! It would literally put them all in one hole at 25 yards with preferred fodder.

You may not believe this, but I finally sold it because I got bored with it. It was so accurate that I never missed anything, ever. There was no challenge, which is why I sold it. Never thought I'd sell a gun because it was too accurate!

I've made that mistake before, and have learned that once you realize the accuracy at a certain range/distance its time to push out farther in distance, if for nothing else it'll make you a better shooter.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've made that mistake before, and have learned that once you realize the accuracy at a certain range/distance its time to push out farther in distance, if for nothing else it'll make you a better shooter.

Well when I hit a water snake in a strip pit at 125 yards with it, I knew I was about maxed out. It would just go 10 for 10 on the 100 meter rams and I could routinely hit the 150 meter big bore turkeys if the wind values weren't too high. Hell of a pistol for sure.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well when I hit a water snake in a strip pit at 125 yards with it, I knew I was about maxed out. It would just go 10 for 10 on the 100 meter rams and I could routinely hit the 150 meter big bore turkeys if the wind values weren't too high. Hell of a pistol for sure.

I would be hunting that thing down. :bowdown:

lowbudgetplinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am having a problem using the sights on my factory Buckmark camper, the front sight just seems to LARGE/WIDE for the target I am shooting at and I can't get any good groups at 25 yards. Anyone have any luck with any aftermarket front sights as far as them being more narrow or any luck with a type of red dot/holographic setup?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am having a problem using the sights on my factory Buckmark camper, the front sight just seems to LARGE/WIDE for the target I am shooting at and I can't get any good groups at 25 yards. Anyone have any luck with any aftermarket front sights as far as them being more narrow or any luck with a type of red dot/holographic setup?
I can tell you what kind of red dot/holographic setup NOT to get. BSA. Mine won't hold zero for squat.

oyousooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a Buckmark camper, and love the thing. I shoot it better than any handgun I have shot. had a red dot on it for a while, but I like it better with out. mine has a tru glow front, which I really. I had to use blue loctite on the sight rail, kept coming loose.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Buckmark Camper that has had at least 30,000 rounds fired through it. I have replaced the firing pin and all the springs twice since I first bouth the thing 5 or 6 years ago. There is not a thing in the world that I would trade it for and I would not sell it...........ever. Great shooting, reliable, and fairly easy to clean. Quality magazines and adjustable sights. This gun gets shot more than any other firearm in my gunsafe. You can not go wrong when you decide to buy a Browning Buckmark pistol.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Buckmark Camper that has had at least 30,000 rounds fired through it. I have replaced the firing pin and all the springs twice since I first bouth the thing 5 or 6 years ago. There is not a thing in the world that I would trade it for and I would not sell it...........ever. Great shooting, reliable, and fairly easy to clean. Quality magazines and adjustable sights. This gun gets shot more than any other firearm in my gunsafe. You can not go wrong when you decide to buy a Browning Buckmark pistol.

that's the kind of information i like to hear.

i'm looking for a 22 I can shoot the bejesus out of.
500rds per range trip, once a week kind of shooting the bejesus out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom