• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Taurus TX22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
They're top notch and they're a lot of fun. And that's a good deal. I paid $275 out the door from Riverbank Firearms.
If you want a really good 22 pistol look at the browning buckmark. I have one with a tactical solutions barrel on it! Darn thing is a piece of art! Amazing little shooter.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If you want a really good 22 pistol look at the browning buckmark. I have one with a tactical solutions barrel on it! Darn thing is a piece of art! Amazing little shooter.

They are nice guns. I just don't like that style. Same for the Ruger. That and the Ruger is a PITA to field strip and put back together.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
My g44 shoots mini mags real well but nothing else.

My TX22 so far eats everything I’ve fed it. Haven’t even tried mini mags in it.

When I bought my first 22 pistol many, many years ago the gun shop owner made it clear that 22’s are picky when it comes to ammo. He assured me that minimags never fail. I’ve always shot them in a 22. I have ran Federal bulk pack through one before. It shot well but dirty as hell.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
When I bought my first 22 pistol many, many years ago the gun shop owner made it clear that 22’s are picky when it comes to ammo. He assured me that minimags never fail. I’ve always shot them in a 22. I have ran Federal bulk pack through one before. It shot well but dirty as hell.

Taurus TX22’s are the first .22 pistol made that aren’t picky on ammo. That’s why they’re the best.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Never been a big .22LR handgun fan. In the last few years I've discovered how fun they are and now I own several.

Ratings:

Taurus TX22 - 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
FN 502 - 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Ruger LCP II - 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Heritage Rough Rider - 🌟🌟🌟🌟1/2
Glock 44 - 🌟🌟🌟 1/2
Kel-Tec P17 - 🌟🌟🌟 1/2
Walther P22 - 🌟

The Taurus is the big surprise outta the bunch. Completely reliable with everything, good capacity. Same for the 502...even though the first one broke. FN replaced it quickly, gave me an extra mag for my troubles, and the 2nd has been 100%. The Ruger is ultra reliable and tiny. The RR is the only revolver (also has a .22Mag cylinder) and it's marked down a 1/2 star because of the silly safety on it. The Glock is reliable and fun to shoot. But 10 rounds? C'mon, Glock. I'm a big Kel-Tec fan but the P17 has disappointed me. It's got an issue where it won't always go into battery. It's so minor that sometimes just a little shake will get the slide to move forward. The Walther just sucks. Notoriously unreliable and they're prone to slide breakage. This one actually belongs to the step-daughter but we're holding on to it because she only shoots it when she visits us here. It's been back to Walther twice for the same problem. It does work better than it did.
My LCP-II is a light primer striker so I need to upgrade to the galloway spring kit to fix that issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom