Browning Hi-Power Any thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okbishop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Team

I am looking for any input good or bad dealing with the Browning Hi-Power? Likes dislikes. Problems you have heard of or experienced. Is it worth it to get one or should I look at other more capable pistols.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle has one in 9mm and ive been trying to buy it off him for over 3 years now ever since he let me borrow it to do some plinking. He refuses to sell it and has turned it into his daily carry gun LOL.

His has a super sweet trigger all nice and smooth with 100% relibility.

Reaction score
First pistol I ever owned. It ate everything I put in it. Probably had 6000 rounds through it when I sold it (dumb). And my buddy has probably put another 3-4k through it and has not informed me of any hiccups.

I miss mine, built like a tank for 9mm.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My thoughts on the Browning HP is that is accurate, reliable and classy.

Way back when (early 80's) I bought a new Browning HiPower. Ever since I was a kid I wanted one and it was one of the first guns I ever purchased (very first is my Browning BDA in 45ACP). Ran into a problem right out of the box in that my Browning HP wouldn't even feed ball ammo … this is very rare for an all Belgium firearm. I had planned to send it out to Austin Behlert so he could work his magic so I wasn't too worried that I wouldn't get back a perfect gun. I was not disappointed. His work included a trigger job, removing the mag safety, new trigger, extended thumb safety, lowered and rounded BoMar rear sight and he made it one very reliable pistol with any type of ammo.

My Browning HP is a remarkable pistol that points great, has great “feel” and is supremely accurate. I think everybody should have one!

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got a mint Belgium Hi Power sitting in my gun safe for a few years.
need to bring it out for some long over due exercise.

just scored 300 rounds of 9mm, so that's happening soon.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love mine, if I didn't have it I would be trying to decide what I could sell to get another one. Wife, dog kids anything...

Latest posts

Top Bottom