Buck Mark barrel threading?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Optimistic that my 22 can will be available in a month or so and want to use the Buck Mark. Originally planned to replace the barrel but now considering just having the factory barrel threaded.
What are the advantages of buying a new barrel rather than threading the current one?

Who is the go to person/business for threading? (preferably Tulsa area but not a must)

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy had a barrel threaded at Sports World, good price and quick turnaround.

To me for a gun thats easy to swap barrels on, I'd get another barrel personally...gives you an opportunity to have fun with the profile of the Buckmark, length, etc too.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there enough room on the stock barrel to thread it without cutting the front sight off?
No. The sight would have to be moved. A shorter barrel might be better for balance. Got to thinking about buying the Ruger MKIV with threaded barrel but think if I'm going to buy another gun to stick with the Buck Mark because 1) I like it and 2) I have at least a 1/2 dozen magazines for it.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While searching online last night I discovered that an adapter for my GSG 1911-22 can be had for about $25. Some reviews prefer the GSG (or similar). It will serve as the initial host until I decide which way to go with the Buck Mark.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any Tac Sol retailers in Oklahoma that stock Trail Lite barrels? I know I can order one but, when possible, like to put my hands on things before I buy.
Decided to go with 4" Trail Lite barrel and rail for a red dot. I have a Primary Arms micro and a couple TRS-25s that will work but may also look at a Burris Fast Fire or Vortex Venom.

Sprectre II is in hand and plan to break it in with 10/22 and CZ 452 that are suppressor ready.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy had a barrel threaded at Sports World, good price and quick turnaround.

To me for a gun thats easy to swap barrels on, I'd get another barrel personally...gives you an opportunity to have fun with the profile of the Buckmark, length, etc too.
Sports World said they don't do pistol barrels.
Found a local guy to do the threading at a very reasonable price. (other local wanted as much as a Trail Lite barrel and 2 months to get it done)

I considered the Trail Lite barrel but decided I wanted to keep my current Buck Mark in its original configuration. So, picked up the Micro Bull Stainless.

New issue though. Browning has changed the take down screw. 7/64 hex doesn't fit the screw on this gun. Thread current barrel or buy a Trail Lite won't matter if I can't get the barrel off.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a threaded barrel buckmark...look for the buckmark whisper. It has the barrel threaded from the factory. They are kind of rare BUT they are out there. Last I saw was about 400.00.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a threaded barrel buckmark...look for the buckmark whisper. It has the barrel threaded from the factory. They are kind of rare BUT they are out there. Last I saw was about 400.00.
Found a Whisper but they are 5.5" barrel and opted for the 4" that was more than a $100 less. Now with the barrel removal issue I probably should have gone with the Whisper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom