Bullet coatings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Harbor freight Red smash test.
1 coat. toaster oven cooked. smashed on it many times to get it that flat.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 119

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cast about 150 45 ACP today with 1:1 wheel weight to stick-on wheel weight with a water quench. BH measured at 7 with a Saeco Hardness Tester - about where I expected. Hopefully, we can put the Hi-Tek coating on them this week and shoot / test next weekend. It would be nice to find a way to shoot "softer" lead instead of hardening-up soft lead.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The coated bullets will allow you to shoot very soft lead.
I just cast some very soft lead bullets water dropped you could peel lead off of them with your fingernails.
I am powder coating them right now they are .311 diameter 100 gr.. will shoot from 30 cal and these were specifically made for a marlin ballard 32-20.
I will bust a couple off soon too see how they act.. just need a stack of some phone books to capture them.
10 more minutes and they come out of the oven.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Argentine 91 that was sporterized a long time ago. I have been thinking once I get reloading gear replaced, other gear stolen, I would load lead low pressure ammo for this rifle. Im wondering how the coating would help or hurt this round?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not think it would hurt to try it .
If you are close to yukon i would be glad to powder coat some bullets for you to try.
Once you replenish the stock.
Man that sucks your stuff was stolen.
It would cost me less if one of my vehicles were stolen than all my reloading gear.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not think it would hurt to try it .
If you are close to yukon i would be glad to powder coat some bullets for you to try.
Once you replenish the stock.
Man that sucks your stuff was stolen.
It would cost me less if one of my vehicles were stolen than all my reloading gear.
Yeah, that is the way I felt when I found out. Once we get moved I will take you up on the powder coating.

Latest posts

Top Bottom