Calling all 1911 lovers! I need your opinion...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have haggled your friend down to where he is losing $3-400 on the deal and you will probably lose close to the same if you try to sell it. If your buying for an investment, skip it.

On the other hand if you like the custom work and would have the same work done to your new standard 1911 Springfield (if you buy one) then buy all means buy his and save over half of your gunsmith bill.

Better yet buy one of the new Colt series 70 reproduction pistols and call it good.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking for a 1911 and my friend told me he would sell me his. It was originally a standard milspec Springfield 1911. After he purchased it, it was immediately taken to a smith who put around $650 of work into it... trigger, new colt barrel, sight, polishing, etc. Don't have the list in front of me but there was a ton of work done and I know of the smith and know his work is excellent! Part of what he did he calls the "reliability package." To make a long story short, after a little haggling my friend said he would take $900 for the gun, 3 mags, holster, and several hundred rounds of ammo. Do you think that is a fair price? My only concern is that I will never be able to get out of it what I will have in it if I ever sell because most average people will not see it for what it is. Opinions?

Thanks,
Kevin
I have a tendency to stay away from modified guns. I purchased a very lightly used Springfield Trophy Match for $950 a while back. It was supperbly accurate out of the box but does need a lighter trigger pull. For around that $900 price you should be able to fiund a decent factory gun that meets your needs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom