Calling All Fudds! Gabby Giffords Wants YOU for Her New Gun Control Operation!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-wants-you-for-her-new-gun-control-operation/
Calling All Fudds! Gabby Giffords Wants YOU for Her New Gun Control Operation!
by Dan Zimmerman | Apr 20, 2019

"Are you the kind of gun owner who thinks raising the age for gun ownership is a good idea? Do you slap your jodhpurs and tell anyone who will listen that no one hunts with an AR-15, (and no one should hunt with a semi-automatic shotgun)? Are you OK with outlawing private gun sales and on board with due-process-free red flag laws?

Then you’re in luck! There’s a brand new gun safety control organization being born and they’d really like to count you as a member."...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 10 years ago, Outdoor Life hunting editor Jim Zumbo set the shooting world into a frenzy by suggesting he didn't think the military-style semi-auto AR-15 was an appropriate tool for sport hunting.

He lost his job as shooters and manufactures of the AR platform demanded the head of anyone stepping off the reservation.
It took years of apologies, and actually using an AR on hunting trips to finally get him back into the graces of manufacturers and get some street creds with gun owners, although I still think it was a sham deal used to get his job back.
He evidently didn't realize the walnut and blued stocked Remington 742 uses the exact same gas action to operate and cycle the action and the blackness of the AR must have turned him off.
There are tons of fudds in the shotgun arena. Double guns only, the rest are junk for beginners in their mighty determinations.
AR's are pretty acceptable now on most gun ranges I've been to.
It's the asshats that use them in public to make a point that will continue to cause issues for the majority of AR owners that use them at the range and for hunting.
I don't see any of the asshats that are openly carrying AR's and their variants displaying them in areas where guns are not normally seen carrying the Remington 742, bolt guns, single shots or any other style of rifle to make any points. Only AR pistols in recent Oklahoma cases.

If their goal is to familiarize and educate, why not use these other platforms? Oh, I know. They don't draw the attention they crave as asshats in their self minded goal to be the center of attraction.

So, yes there are fudds in the shotgun world, and in the centerfire world and there are certainly fudds that think the AR is the only weapon out there worth owning.
I'm thinking Gifford is not going to target the AR fudds.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see any of the asshats that are openly carrying AR's and their variants displaying them in areas where guns are not normally seen carrying the Remington 742, bolt guns, single shots or any other style of rifle to make any points. Only AR pistols in recent Oklahoma cases.

If their goal is to familiarize and educate, why not use these other platforms?
Have you ever seen a Remington 742 pistol? It’s unlawful to carry a rifle in Oklahoma. I’m not disputing your overall point, but even if you could lawfully make a pistol utilizing those other platforms, it would likely be very difficult and/or expensive. If one could be acquired, however, it may very well be a much better choice for what they’re trying to accomplish.

Or, you know, they could wait until November 1st and just carry a Remington 742 rifle. I’m not sure why they’re in such a hurry to do it now instead of waiting until rifle carry is actually lawful.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a Remington 742 pistol? It’s unlawful to carry a rifle in Oklahoma. I’m not disputing your overall point, but even if you could lawfully make a pistol utilizing those other platforms, it would likely be very difficult and/or expensive. If one could be acquired, however, it may very well be a much better choice for what they’re trying to accomplish.

Or, you know, they could wait until November 1st and just carry a Remington 742 rifle. I’m not sure why they’re in such a hurry to do it now instead of waiting until rifle carry is actually lawful.
I open carry rifle's every day during hunting seasons, just not in public areas although I could say I was walking to a gun range through a park or to a hunting area through a park to make it legal could I not according to current Ok law?
I doubt seriously that they will do that, choosing the platform that would bring the most attention to them.
I teach some pistol classes for Women in the Outdoors and NRA Women on Target programs that focus on women that have very little to no experience with firearms of any kind.
I always include a segment that has pictures of a Remington 742 and an AR and ask them which one scares them. 99% of the responses are the AR. After discussion, I bring out an AR in .22 rimfire with a 50 round drum mag for them to shoot. I've seen some amazing favorable responses from the ladies after the discussion where they are actually being educated and not shock trained like the asshats walking through parks and expecting a reaction.
When we talk educating the public, we need to educate, and not shock the uneducated. That will never work in today's society.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I open carry rifle's every day during hunting seasons, just not in public areas although I could say I was walking to a gun range through a park or to a hunting area through a park to make it legal could I not according to current Ok law?
I doubt seriously that they will do that, choosing the platform that would bring the most attention to them.
I teach some pistol classes for Women in the Outdoors and NRA Women on Target programs that focus on women that have very little to no experience with firearms of any kind.
I always include a segment that has pictures of a Remington 742 and an AR and ask them which one scares them. 99% of the responses are the AR. After discussion, I bring out an AR in .22 rimfire with a 50 round drum mag for them to shoot. I've seen some amazing favorable responses from the ladies after the discussion where they are actually being educated and not shock trained like the asshats walking through parks and expecting a reaction.
When we talk educating the public, we need to educate, and not shock the uneducated. That will never work in today's society.
I should have said it’s unlawful in Oklahoma to carry a rifle off of your property for the purpose of self defense. It does seem that walking through a public park on your way to a range or hunting ground openly carrying a rifle would be lawful, as long as it’s unloaded. You know what excuse I like better though (and this one would allow for a loaded rifle)?

§21-1289.6 A 5
During a practice for or a performance for entertainment purposes;

Just say “Officers, I’m performing a show called ‘Man Walks Through Park With Rifle.’ I’ve been practicing for weeks. Admission is free. I hope you find it entertaining.”

Edit: I just realized someone’s going to think I’m being serious, so here: I’m kidding.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet the new law in Nov still doesn't allow you or I unless we are LEO or off duty LEO or court appointed Lawyers, Judges or "special appointees" to carry a loaded long gun in public. That creates a special class of folks that are allowed to protect themselves while you and I are not. We can carry a loaded magazine but not a loaded long gun unless that was changed in the final wording. Several of us on this forum and another I participate in have sent emails that did not favor creation of the special class. I haven't read the final version so all above may be true, or it may have been amended.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also disagree with creating special classes like that. Thankfully the law that goes into effect November 1st allows for loaded long gun carry by anyone (who’s not a felon, etc.).

Latest posts

Top Bottom