Camping out in the passing lane!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of these folks are too busy using a cell phone to bother with something so trivial as paying attention to the road while driving.

...or too busy watching the road in front of them to worry about something as trivial as someone behind them who thinks they have any more right to the road than anyone else. (and I'm travelling at or slightly above speed limit).

Someone mentioned "entitlement"...it goes both ways...why do some people think everyone on the road should yield to them just because they are going faster?

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been know to roadblock somebody if they are whipping through traffic dangerously. I watched a guy whip through heavy traffic on 169 and cross 3 lanes to take an exit. He was going too fast and locked up the brakes trying to make entrance onto the clover leaf. I laughed as I watched him plow through the exit sign and into the grass.

Also, a nice little cloud of diesel exhaust will make somebody back off your bumper. :)

Yeah lets blind the guy driving unsafely, good one. You guys purposely camping out on the passing lane with a chip on your shoulders are just as bad as a tailgaters.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been know to roadblock somebody if they are whipping through traffic dangerously. I watched a guy whip through heavy traffic on 169 and cross 3 lanes to take an exit. He was going too fast and locked up the brakes trying to make entrance onto the clover leaf. I laughed as I watched him plow through the exit sign and into the grass.

Also, a nice little cloud of diesel exhaust will make somebody back off your bumper. :)

Yeah lets blind the guy driving unsafely, good one. You guys purposely camping out on the passing lane with a chip on your shoulders are just as bad as a tailgaters.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been known to do it quite a bit, unless you're in a black and white.
:D Not to me.....I'm gettin' around that bee-yotch if I gotta' go *THRU* it.

I'm sure a lot of these folks are too busy using a cell phone to bother with something so trivial as paying attention to the road while driving.
I actually did a study over a period of six months.
After I ran the numbers, IIRC, 89% of the time someone was driving like a total jerkoff...sure enough...they had a damn cell phone hanging off their face. :anyone:

...why do some people think everyone on the road should yield to them just because they are going faster?
Oh.....just out of courtesy, I suppose.

I guess we can just chalk that up there with the common list of concepts/values that are becoming more and more foreign to people in contemporary American society.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, J.P., belittling and maligning all of American society's concepts/values because someone won't get out of your way on the highway. Brilliant. I was just thinking the other day that that is what is wrong with this country.

How about extending the same courtesy when the traffic in front of you is not proceeding how you would like it. Strange concept/value I guess.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned "entitlement"...it goes both ways...why do some people think everyone on the road should yield to them just because they are going faster?

Could also have something to do with the signs posted along several interstates and highways in Oklahoma, and what seems like most highways in other states, that reads "Slower Traffic Keep Right".

a4.bp.blogspot.com__ZyOFQ_dfDqg_TFDKjKn1VTI_AAAAAAAAAR4_8ZQpODBQoJ8_s1600_Keep_Right.jpg

To Robar, I'm sure you've seen those signs before. 60 mph in a 60 mph zone may not be slow, but someone behind you going 65 mph just made you that "slower traffic". Don't be a jerk causing people to pass you in your biggest blind spot just to prove a point. Move over, let them through, and if you've got an obsession with the left lane, move back when it's clear.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could also have something to do with the signs posted along several interstates and highways in Oklahoma, and what seems like most highways in other states, that reads "Slower Traffic Keep Right".

a4.bp.blogspot.com__ZyOFQ_dfDqg_TFDKjKn1VTI_AAAAAAAAAR4_8ZQpODBQoJ8_s1600_Keep_Right.jpg

To Robar, I'm sure you've seen those signs before. 60 mph in a 60 mph zone may not be slow, but someone behind you going 65 mph just made you that "slower traffic". Don't be a jerk causing people to pass you in your biggest blind spot just to prove a point. Move over, let them through, and if you've got an obsession with the left lane, move back when it's clear.

So I have to obey the slower traffic keep right sign, but you don't have to obey the speed limit sign? Got it....back to that entitlement thing.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, J.P., belittling and maligning all of American society's concepts/values
I'm not so sure you are reading the same post I typed....
Show me exactly where I "belittled/maligned all of American society's concepts/values."

Seriously...

:anyone:

How about extending the same courtesy when the traffic in front of you is not proceeding how you would like it.

LoL..."while I mug you, please extend me the courtesy of standing still"

Besides......it will likey *never* proceed how "I would like it"

Latest posts

Top Bottom