Camping out in the passing lane!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have to obey the slower traffic keep right sign, but you don't have to obey the speed limit sign? Got it....back to that entitlement thing.

Unless your car is equipped with red and blues, it's not your job to make sure everyone else obeys the law. Keep up your end of the bargain, move over, and everyone is happy. Speeding may create a dangerous situation, but being too lazy to look up facts I would bet that causing cars to drive in your vehicle's widest blind spot at high speeds is even more dangerous.

If you disagree with the speed of the faster traffic, phone OHP and start spitting out tag numbers.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have to obey the slower traffic keep right sign, but you don't have to obey the speed limit sign? Got it....back to that entitlement thing.

You don't have to obey anything....but if you're running to the sh!++er, I'm not going to stand in the hall and block you because there's "no running in the hall"

I don't ever recall the word "entitlement" being bandied about with such recklessness as it has in this thread...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless your car is equipped with red and blues, it's not your job to make sure everyone else obeys the law. Keep up your end of the bargain, move over, and everyone is happy. Speeding may create a dangerous situation, but being too lazy to look up facts I would bet that causing cars to drive in your vehicle's widest blind spot at high speeds is even more dangerous.

If you disagree with the speed of the faster traffic, phone OHP and start spitting out tag numbers.

ahh, that's my point. It isn't your job either. If I am progressing in the left lane at or above the speed limit (for example because I see traffic ahead in the right lane) I have zero obligation to move over for you and you have no more claim to the lane than me, unless you are an emergency vehicle. Period. Full stop. Trotting out a "slower traffic keep right" sign doesn't give you the road....

The law, in regards to 4 lane highways like 40 and 35....3.

Upon a roadway which is divided into four or more lanes, a
vehicle proceeding at less than the maximum posted speed
, except when
reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, shall not impede the
normal flow of traffic by driving in the left lane. Such vehicle
shall be driven in the right-hand lane except when overtaking and
passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when
preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road
or driveway.

It doesn't say a vehicle going slower than you....

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
people on our highways drive like ****. Just do what you want, if you want to speed do it. Hell i do because it seems like most people have the sudden urge to drive like they are pedaling a medicine bike with stone wheels. It is ridiculous. I drive in the left lane to avoid all the chud's who need to spend less time thinking about people like me or on their phone or getting butt hurt and spend more time paying attention to traffic and driving that way there would be less moron's and accidents. Fact of the matter is why get all pissed about it when you are more than likely never going to see or come in contact with these people again. Just drive and enjoy it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridge is gonna love this thread...

Sorry to be tardy to the party, man.

You don't have to obey anything....but if you're running to the sh!++er, I'm not going to stand in the hall and block you because there's "no running in the hall"

That's the deepest, most profound thing you've ever posted.

You don't like me speeding in the left lane? I don't blame you, and here's what you do. Activate your overhead lights and pull me over. Take out your ticket book and issue me a citation. What's that? You don't have overhead lights or a ticket book? No badge either?

Well, I guess you better give up the passive-aggressive traffic cop without a badge act and g'head and move the fawk over.

I was driving around downtown Tulsa yesterday and people were jaywalking like a sumbitch. I don't cut my truck in front of them, lock up my brakes in the crosswalk and yell out the window "try walking when the light says 'don't walk' now, *******".

Some guy driving 15mph faster than you is not a threat to your manhood. Just let him go, just let him go. It'll be alright. Traffic flow and what causes of accidents is simple, provable stuff. You are are best silly, and at worst a total tool if you feel the need to use your vehicle as a roadblock in some demented way of amateur speed limit enforcement. Get on with the OHP and getcha one of of those snazzy hats and then you can enforce the speed limit. But for now, just get your car out of the way.

If there is no car in front of you in the left lane, and people are passing you on the right, you fail at using a limited access highway. Please use public transportation and quit making the roads a more dangerous place so you can prove some bizarre point to yourself.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to be tardy to the party, man.

That's the deepest, most profound thing you've ever posted.

You don't like me speeding in the left lane? I don't blame you, and here's what you do. Activate your overhead lights and pull me over. Take out your ticket book and issue me a citation. What's that? You don't have overhead lights or a ticket book? No badge either?

Well, I guess you better give up the passive-aggressive traffic cop without a badge act and g'head and move the fawk over.

I was driving around downtown Tulsa yesterday and people were jaywalking like a sumbitch. I don't cut my truck in front of them, lock up my brakes in the crosswalk and yell out the window "try walking when the light says 'don't walk' now, *******".

Some guy driving 15mph faster than you is not a threat to your manhood. Just let him go, just let him go. It'll be alright. Traffic flow and what causes of accidents is simple, provable stuff. You are are best silly, and at worst a total tool if you feel the need to use your vehicle as a roadblock in some demented way of amateur speed limit enforcement. Get on with the OHP and getcha one of of those snazzy hats and then you can enforce the speed limit. But for now, just get your car out of the way.

If there is no car in front of you in the left lane, and people are passing you on the right, you fail at using a limited access highway. Please use public transportation and quit making the roads a more dangerous place so you can prove some bizarre point to yourself.

Very good post. If my life gets so sad that I feel a need to bring other people down, I will go get some meds.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

a3.bp.blogspot.com__idlYuEABXKg_TaSOle5AdqI_AAAAAAAAB5E_dEDjhYb04042c0eacd7cbe749bc56d931ff7c2.jpg

I'd be a LOT cooler if you did.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom