Campus PD and concealed gun in car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I understand it, I cannot carry on or leave mine in my vehicle when I am teaching at Tulsa Tech. Really sucks. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Right. Tulsa Tech is a vocational-technical school and therefore treated as a K-12.

I really wish they'd change that. It'd make going to work and then heading up to the city much easier.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand it, I cannot carry on or leave mine in my vehicle when I am teaching at Tulsa Tech. Really sucks. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

i'm in the same situation and veggie meat is right,its sucks.i wish they'd change it also.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a campus cop at a state college. I know for a fact there are several students here that have a gun in their car. Being who I am, I not only don't worry about it, but I consider those guys an ally if ever I need some help. Hell, when Nikat was going to school here, I told him to bring his Kimber one day so I could play with it.

Of course...I'm not your "typical" flatfoot either. ;)

I've stopped cars and talked guns & gear with SDA holders many, many times. I figure 99.9% of the SDA holders are "good" guys. Genuine "bad" guys aren't gonna waste the time and money it takes to get the card in the first place. :rolleyes2

You played with his Kimber? ;)

Lawful action. Naturally, the cop was just going on what he was taught likely. I would brush it off. However, if there appears in the future to be a target on your back you might be forced to adress it. Which should not be the case if the office just mentioned it and there was no dispute etc.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yah, I'm going to brush it off.

However, right now I am a little concerned with the fact that the officer chided me over this in front of the other driver. The other driver now knows that I own a handgun, and has my home address and vehicle description and tag number.

Should this concern me?

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right. Tulsa Tech is a vocational-technical school and therefore treated as a K-12.

I really wish they'd change that. It'd make going to work and then heading up to the city much easier.

You can park and leave your gun in your vehicle if your school leases any property.

POSSESSION OF FIREARM ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to have in his or her possession on
any public or private school property or while in any school bus or
vehicle used by any school for transportation of students or teachers
any firearm or weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title, except
as provided in subsection C of this section or as otherwise authorized
by law.
B. "School property" means any publicly or privately owned property held
for purposes of elementary, secondary or vocational technical
education, and shall not include property owned by public school
districts or private educational entities where such property is leased or
rented to an individual or corporation and used for purposes other than
educational.

We have a small business incubator building that we lease to small businesses. The way I read it, I can park over there and leave my gun in my vehicle.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yah, I'm going to brush it off.

However, right now I am a little concerned with the fact that the officer chided me over this in front of the other driver. The other driver now knows that I own a handgun, and has my home address and vehicle description and tag number.

Should this concern me?

So does everyone on this board. :preocc: In today's relay of information, anyone can find you it seems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom