Can for 556 AND 22lr. ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'll work, but not necessarily well. HTA are just okay cans to begin with and are very heavy. Imo, it would be way too heavy for a rimfire pistol and I wouldn't want that heavy thing on a rimfire rifle either. Have you ever heard a suppressed 556? If not, I would highly suggest you do so first. I love my 2 centerfire cans, but they are still loud. The only exception to that is when shooting subsonic rounds. I would recommend getting a really good rimfire can and starting there

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the HTA Kestrel 5.56 cans. It is very heavy but a perfect can for a .22LR SBR. It's user serviceable and easy to take down and reassemble. Its small enough to fit inside the Sampson Evolution rail I use and is Hollywood quiet with subs out of a 10.5" barrel. I would like to try it on a Ruger 22/45 Lite to see if the weight is an issue with that host. The price point on it is also very attractive. Don't expect the same results in a 5.56 rifle. It's on the second from the bottom in the pic below.

Latest posts

Top Bottom