can i carry in the okc gunshow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why could he carry into any of the buildings? As far as the gun show goes, they can restrict him from carrying it, the same as any other business owner. However, you can carry in fairgrounds buildings.
Unless, the city is directly conducting business with the public. Or, at least that is how I understand the law.

No carry in State owned buildings. That includes the Fair ground buildings.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every year it seems some dipstick CC's a gun into a show. Pulls it out to try in a holster, show someone, or try to sell or trade and has a Negligent Discharge.
Common sense would tell you to check at the door what your going to sell or trade and CC something else.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every year it seems some dipstick CC's a gun into a show. Pulls it out to try in a holster, show someone, or try to sell or trade and has a Negligent Discharge.
Common sense would tell you to check at the door what your going to sell or trade and CC something else.

I don't check my gun at anybody's door. I can carry in a box of .223 in any gun show without being under suspicion, load an empty mag in my other pocket after getting in, and get a gun from any vendor to spray the crowd. No thank you. I'll stay armed.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a link to the SDA, the discussion here is whether these buildings are specifically for "conducting business with the public". Couple that with the statements in part B section 4 and the discussion gets more interesting.

https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2012.pdf

Is the gun show promoter not a member of the public? Did that member of the public not do business with the government on some level to reserve and rent the building?

Just because the attendees don't do direct business with the government doesn't mean business with the government was not conducted.

-- Playing devils advocate

Latest posts

Top Bottom