Can I legally sell these???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhh, I'd say put it in your trunk, like you would your gun if you didn't have a carry permit.....ie not easily attainable..... I don't think it would be okay to have at a school anyway(not that it shouldn't be, just that I don't beleive it is). It is not legal to carry, not have......
--Mech

I get that. My point is, what purpose does it have in my home? I have guns at home. And If i want a big whoopin' stick, baseball bats are cheaper. Why do I need it to collapse if I can't carry it? I'm not knocking anyone who owns one, I'm just curious as to the application.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell them you confiscated it from a student...

It's one of those things where, if i had it in the desk at school, even if somebody saw it, they wouldn't know what it is. And god willing I would never need it, but if I did, legality would be the last thing on my mind. I could always find a way to build some regular classroom item that doubles as a weapon... Pointer maybe. I'll be a history teacher, so swords hanging on the walls? Lol, I dunno, the thought of a school shooting really concerns me as a future teacher.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's one of those things where, if i had it in the desk at school, even if somebody saw it, they wouldn't know what it is. And god willing I would never need it, but if I did, legality would be the last thing on my mind. I could always find a way to build some regular classroom item that doubles as a weapon... Pointer maybe. I'll be a history teacher, so swords hanging on the walls? Lol, I dunno, the thought of a school shooting really concerns me as a future teacher.

This is why i don't understand when people get all butthurt when others carry in no carry zones. The last thing the cops, me and the citizens should care about is the legality of me carrying. I would rather lose my job than my life or the life of someone else especially someone i cared for.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why i don't understand when people get all butthurt when others carry in no carry zones. The last thing the cops, me and the citizens should care about is the legality of me carrying. I would rather lose my job than my life or the life of someone else especially someone i cared for.
Well said. That's the point I was trying to make, in a roundabout way.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5. The carrying and use of firearms and other weapons provided in this subsection when used for the purpose of living history reenactment. For purposes of this paragraph, "living history reenactment" means depiction of historical characters, scenes, historical life or events for entertainment, education, or historical documentation through the wearing or use of period, historical, antique or vintage clothing, accessories, firearms, weapons, and other implements of the historical period.

Tell them your going to particapate in a recreation of the Rodney King/LAPD fiasco..... That should cover having the baton with ya. At least they'll be laughing when they book you in....

Fog

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons
Section 1272 - Unlawful Carry
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her person, or in a purse or other container belonging to the person, any pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle whether loaded or unloaded or any dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade knife, spring-type knife, sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles, or any other offensive weapon, whether such weapon be concealed or unconcealed, except this section shall not prohibit:

1. The proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes;

2. The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act;

3. The carrying, possession and use of any weapon by a peace officer or other person authorized by law to carry a weapon in the performance of official duties and in compliance with the rules of the employing agency;

4. The carrying or use of weapons in a courthouse by a district judge, associate district judge or special district judge within this state, who is in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and whose name appears on a list maintained by the Administrative Director of the Courts; or

5. The carrying and use of firearms and other weapons provided in this subsection when used for the purpose of living history reenactment. For purposes of this paragraph, "living history reenactment" means depiction of historical characters, scenes, historical life or events for entertainment, education, or historical documentation through the wearing or use of period, historical, antique or vintage clothing, accessories, firearms, weapons, and other implements of the historical period.

B. Any person convicted of violating the foregoing provision shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable as provided in Section 1276 of this title.

These are considered a billy club as outlined in state statue...you can sell them and people can own them but they can't carry them.

Ya know I've always wondered why they have been deemed an offensive weapon, and what is an offensive weapon anyways? Is there such a thing as a defensive weapon? I mean if I'm gonna carry one it's going to be for my defense just like a firearm. Only thing I can think of is that it is ment to specifically maim or cause severe damage/trauma versus just using your fist. And if this is an offensive weapon why are police then able to such a horrible item that noone else can? I'm curious is an officer able to legally carry the other "offensive" weapons? "blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles"??

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know I've always wondered why they have been deemed an offensive weapon, and what is an offensive weapon anyways? Is there such a thing as a defensive weapon? I mean if I'm gonna carry one it's going to be for my defense just like a firearm. Only thing I can think of is that it is ment to specifically maim or cause severe damage/trauma versus just using your fist. And if this is an offensive weapon why are police then able to such a horrible item that noone else can? I'm curious is an officer able to legally carry the other "offensive" weapons? "blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles"??

From what I was told by LE years ago, anything on your person. Could be anything from a set of keys in your pocket to the belt your wearing.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought they were illegal to carry them. Just because they sell them does not make them legal. Walmart sells the spring assisted opening knives which are illegal as I verified with a LEO.

The collapsable sticks exert a huge amount of force, enough to break arms and legs.

Don't know about inside your house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom