Can you identify this small block Chevy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The numbers on the front of the block are

14s148370 v1102cmr

I have looked at the moretec website and Mr. Nastyz28
And lots of other places and can't find anything ending with mr
Can anybody help?

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the numbers you want to look for are located on drivers side rear of block near wher transmission bell housing bolts up. Might be hard to see if it has the typical valve cover leakage. Hope that helps. Theses casting numbers should tell you what it came out of.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The casting numbers at rear will also tell you the c.i.d. There should be a date code on that flange or on the side of flange. I have also seen date code on side of block by freeze plugs. Hope that helps. If you find the numbers, I'll help you look them up.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5.7 V8 from 1998 to 2000 used in Cameros, Firebirds and the like...

Wasn't even thinking towards ls1 seeing no mention of all aluminum block. Great motors with alot of potential. I have an iron block version in my truck and been very good to me.

They don't share a whole lot in common with the earlier small blocks beside displacement.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nastyz28.com along with the partial VIN (14s) above says it is a 350 CID from a 1974 A body (CMR), made 11/02 (1102) at the Flint plant (V)

http://www.nastyz28.com/gm-chevy-codes/chevy-engine-codes-suffix-3.php

Get the casting date off the left rear of the block forward of the bell housing. That will verify the model year.

Feel free to show me where I'm wrong.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LS based engine is a leap in engineering and capable of monstrous horsepower. I wish now that I had done a swap before I built my LT1.
Heck a stock 6L short block w/ good heads,cam and intake= 500 ponies or right at it,the cathedral design heads flow huge amounts of air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom