If you had to drive a vehicle from one year only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't enjoy working on vehicles anymore so I'm going with the one below that would last 20 years! To the OP, you cant go wrong with the ford straight 6 from back then...tough motor.

LC.jpg

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1998 Jeep Cherokee (I had an 89 and 2000).

Maybe not what most people would pick but I thought that truck was perfect, great reliable 4.0 L in-line six, just the features I wanted and none that I didn’t.

The second generation Liberty that came after had the only two things I wish I could’ve gotten on the original Cherokee, namely, a split fold down rear seat and a back window that opened, but the downgrade in engine (crap 3.7L), and several other things to include not being made until after the year, you specified, knock it out of the running.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can have any vehicle brand new that was made any year and has to be before 1998. I chose that year to eliminate the first year Toyota Tundra.

You have to maintain it yourself and drive it daily for the next 20 years. What would it be?

I would probably choose a 95 F150, extra cab, short bed, I6, 4x4, manual everything.

Possibly a similar Chevy from the same year. Possibly a Toyota from a little earlier. But they can't tow anything so probably not.
1963 Impala SS hardtop. Any Chevy engine, but 327 with Camelbump heads preferred. I think I still have the Craftsman timing light from when I had mine. Back when I had YDS real bad.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that is not a specific set of rules any make and before 1998.
I maintain all my vehicles myself.
Including front end alignments etc etc.

Did not specify how much you must drive it daily just that you must drive it.

I have driven the same cars for more years than that.

I will tell what I would not own and that is a front wheel drive V6 or V8.
I did not even like the Toronado
The rear end from a Toronado made a GREAT utility trailer when I got back from Turkey in 1985. My dad slapped it together for me when I said I needed one. 🙂

Latest posts

Top Bottom