Canik

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd owned a couple of small 9mm all-steel Stingray model (which is no longer even in production) pistols for over two decades now. Although I just gave one to my brother (legal transfer) for his 60th birthday. I love those 'CZ knockoffs'. Excellent concealed-carry weapon.

But my pet peeve is people who mispronounce the brand name (petty of me, I know. But I'm old and cranky, and I've earned the right! :hithead:). In the Turkish language it is not pronounced 'kan-ik'. It is roughly 'zha-neek'. There, now all's right with the world.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great pistols and I have owned several not one issue.

Attachments

• 20171022_175226.jpg
    20171022_175226.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4604(1).jpg
    IMG_4604(1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd owned a couple of small 9mm all-steel Stingray model (which is no longer even in production) pistols for over two decades now. Although I just gave one to my brother (legal transfer) for his 60th birthday. I love those 'CZ knockoffs'. Excellent concealed-carry weapon.

But my pet peeve is people who mispronounce the brand name (petty of me, I know. But I'm old and cranky, and I've earned the right! :hithead:). In the Turkish language it is not pronounced 'kan-ik'. It is roughly 'zha-neek'. There, now all's right with the world.
Thank goodness I’m not Turkish. Don’t worry though, sooner or later the Turkish people will learn the correct English pronunciation.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank goodness I’m not Turkish. Don’t worry though, sooner or later the Turkish people will learn the correct English pronunciation.
Love it! Should we open a free self-help website (or maybe an English-as-a-second-language tutorial) for Turkey persons?... or is it persons from Turkey? Turkey people? How do you say that correctly?
Oh... do we include or exclude those from Turkmenistan?

Aw, never mind. It's getting too complicated for a 'bear of very little brain' such as myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom