Thoughts on Canik

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an admitted CZ junkie. I've got both the P10c and P10s and am convinced they're just as good, if not better, than any polymer striker fired pistol. BUT, I've heard nothing but good things about Canik. As was pointed out earlier, Canik pretty much copied (under license, I believe) some older Walther pistols famous for their great triggers. CZ's P series also have famously good triggers.

But for $279, you could get two Caniks for the price of one CZ. I know they're gone now, but if that deal comes up again, GET ONE! Or two...your choice.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not heard anything bad about them quality wise, and despite liking virtually every Turkish person I have met, I can not purchase a Turkish gun until Istanbul rightfully returns to being Constantinople.

It's an um...a spiritual issue.

The glory of Habit Sophia must be restored.

R (33).jpeg

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2017 fsx and really like it. Best trigger of any striker fired pistol I have shot. Shoots very accurately especially if you put a red dot on it. It groups almost as good as a custom 1911 and they feel great in your hand. I dont go to the range or bed without it! It was handgun of the year in 2017 and just won handgun of the year in 2022 or mayber 23. I just read about it a month or so ago. I have several friends who have purchased the same model your looking at after shooting mine.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus is based in Brazil.
Sorry I wasn't clear. Although Taurus does maintain a small manufacturing plant in Turkey, their headquarters (and one manufacturing facility - although the main USA plant is in Georgia) are indeed in Brazil. You're quite correct.
As Timmy noted, though, my point in comparing the two companies was the stringent quality required for both companies to qualify for the certification. That certification ensures overall high quality products (an improvement over past reputation).

Latest posts

Top Bottom