Can't figure it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I got nothing to add further than what Leighton and GED said, but a 4 inch is totable. I carried a 4" Ruger Service Six yesterday. Just need a decent holster and a good belt.

One tip though, buy a holster designed for a 4", as the one I used yesterday was intended for a 3", so the last inch of barrel extended past the end of the holster, and became a little uncomfortable by dinner. It was a Don Hume 715 Snap On IWB.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got nothing to add further than what Leighton and GED said, but a 4 inch is totable. I carried a 4" Ruger Service Six yesterday. Just need a decent holster and a good belt.

One tip though, buy a holster designed for a 4", as the one I used yesterday was intended for a 3", so the last inch of barrel extended past the end of the holster, and became a little uncomfortable by dinner. It was a Don Hume 715 Snap On IWB.

Got it. Thanks sir.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI, if you get a "lined" holster, get it with a smooth lining. While suede feels soft and you think it'll cradle your baby, it also collects grit and grime and will scratch the crap out of the finish. I have an unfired Python that I got from my Dad when he passed. It'll never see the inside of a holster.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont keep any "safe queens" per se. But I have some "working guns" and a few "valuable" guns. The working guns dont bother me in a glove box, or getting rub spots from carry.

Every thing I own is shootable... but the "probably never fired" Winchester 32 special 94 and a Colt Trooper III .22 that is NIB.

7 shootable 94's and a couple of K frame 22's to shoot- Why bugger up good trading stock?

If I had a "minty" K frame... and wanted a carry gun- I'd just go shopping for a pre worn version of what I wanted. Or go stainless... it holds up for carry work. A few pug ugly J and K frames have passed my way... they were carried a lot before I got em... and got used some more while in my posession.

Latest posts

Top Bottom