CANTED front sight on my WASR 10/63

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carpe_Diem73120

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of any gunsmiths out there who can fix a CANTED front sight on a WASR 10/63? I also think the rear sight is a little off as well. Apart from these two problems shoots great and although I can get on paper, having that CANT corrected would be ideal. I know.. lets start with the AK jokes about just taking a hammer to it :homer: My gas block is slightly off and to the right but it hasn't effected the functioning of the bolt and bolt carrier, I can live with that. Thanks guys I appreciate your inputs :). I know it's just a POS WASR :rolleyes2

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh Hell, my AK and VZ both have canted sights. They adjust without a hammer to "on target". If it really bothers you, knock out the pins and use a hammer to move it over. If you don't want to knock out the pins, get a bigger hammer.

(The "bigger hammer" method is not ideal. As in, I wouldn't do it to my own gun, but...)

Carpe_Diem73120

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh Hell, my AK and VZ both have canted sights. They adjust without a hammer to "on target". If it really bothers you, knock out the pins and use a hammer to move it over. If you don't want to knock out the pins, get a bigger hammer.

(The "bigger hammer" method is not ideal. As in, I wouldn't do it to my own gun, but...)

Yeah i'm afraid that if I beat on the front sight too hard, i'll bend the barrel.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah i'm afraid that if I beat on the front sight too hard, i'll bend the barrel.

You probably won't but it is possible, I guess. The pins remove one way only (Youtube is your friend here). But really, I got an AK sight adjustment tool and it got them shooting straight. Granted, the post looks a little goofy within the circle, but it shoots straight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom