A2 FSB install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an AR barrel, a front sight base, and some taper pins coming in the mail, along with some other parts. The barrel and front sight base are not drilled. Does anyone know of a gunsmith who can get this done at a semi reasonable price, and (more importantly) within a reasonable amount of time?

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I’m fully aware. However, the only problem I’m finding is that no one aside from BCM (that I have found) makes an F height front sight base for a .625 diameter barrel. Also, thank you for the speedy reply sir.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So you’re wanting a pencil profile barrel? I’ve got a .750 barrel that is used that I’ve not decided if I’m going to use or not

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered from Brownells and BCM. The barrel is the Brownells/Faxon “11.5” hybrid,” branded Brownells but manufactured for them by Faxon. To be clear, I am aware of NFA “laws,” this is for a pistol lower. The gas block journal is listed as .625” diameter x 1.9” length. I prefer to have a front sight base as opposed to a low profile gas block with a rail over it. Additionally, I already a 7” (carbine length) handguard that I’m not too keen on replacing. It’s a great handguard, it’s a BCM MCMR. I do have some tools, I just don’t have a machine shop. I did find a shop in Stillwater who gave me a reasonable quote and doesn’t have a completely ridiculous lead time to get it done. Again, thank you for replying so quickly.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean something like this?

Attachments

• D264D58D-EBBC-4437-9DD2-2DDBB0BFAD8B.jpeg
    D264D58D-EBBC-4437-9DD2-2DDBB0BFAD8B.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom