Car port Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put in new gas lines. Meter forward.
Got the trench dug. Inspector approved.
Laid the pipe, 1" gas line. All completed, except connect to meter. (Meter connection must be done by gas company)
Inspector will not approve, must be. 1 1/4" pipe. I tell him, old pipe was 1", the ONLY gas is stove and water heater, 1" is way over kill.
Nope, must be 1 1/4".
Remove 1", <$100 for the pipe.
1 1/4" >$400. Luckily, local lumber yard took the 1" back.
Installed, called inspection. Passed. Gas Co. comes to do hookup. Can't hookup BECAUSE METER IS FOR 1". Says 1" was more than enough supply and pipe a lot cheaper, why did I use 1 1/4"?
Told him to talk to that jackazz standing right there, with his head up his azz.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a heads up on car ports. My wife said that our car port was swaying in the wind. She finally nagged me into checking it. I had extra wind braces added down the center, and on each post down both sides. After a few years I found that most of the wind braces had broken, or missing screws, and were doing very little bracing, if any, then I checked the anchor bolts, four down each side into concrete. of the eight anchor bolts, only one was not broken!!!! I guess the car port moving back, and forth, broke the anchor bolts? I replaced all the screws, and put in new anchor bolts, with eight down each side! A week later we had over 100 mph winds that brought down power lines, broke poles, and many buildings, This car port would have been gone for sure If I HADN'T CAUGHT IT WHEN I DID!! Thanks to my wife!!!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Erroneous info, for example Oklahoma County. It adopted Okc Code Enforcement and Oklahoma County Permits and Inspections are required. I believe the larger Cities in varying Counties adopted the City Codes and are enforcing them County wide. Oklahoma County was the first to adopt such a change.
Reason 5,328,297 to not live in OK County. AFAIK, they're the only county that's out of control like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom