Careful out there ladies.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out scouting this evening and basically turned inside out when I came across this bad boy. He started rattling about the time I was stepping on him. Fairly thick grass, I wasn't paying close attention to the ground, and was probably honed in on the camera i was fixing to run. He struck my boot as I lifted my foot and launched away. Thankfully the leather boot stopped him. I had the camera along with me. As soon as I gathered myself(about 10 minutes worth of gathering), I took a few pictures. He curled right back up in a ball and tucked his head away after I stepped on him. I nudged him a bit to get him to pose for me.

Anyway, it was totally worth the ruined underwear for these shots.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Great pics!

I would have shat myself. Never experienced a poisonous snake in the woods. I have copper heads at the house, but never in the woods.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dread the day I bump into one of those!
I've walked up on copperheads and cottonmouths and that's bad enough. When I was in high school my parents built their house on a timbered ridge over looking a creek bottom and we killed copperheads on the front porch. Killed one day while I was weedeating he was coiled and ready to strike wasn't afraid of the weedeater at all.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may be a rural legend, but I grew up hearing that if you had a boot struck, there could be a piece of fang embedded.

My cowboy relatives always said they would burn a pair of boots that had been struck.

I always wondered if this has any validity. Anybody know? I suspect it was a product of ignorance.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well the fangs don't hold any venom, so I'm not sure what the danger would be?

Great pics! 20y of hunting out west I've yet to see one, which is fine by me. Some of those properties are used by rattlesnake hunters in the spring and they sack them up.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
FFL greats pics,I had one scare the crap out of me yesterday not as close of call as you I went to shut a gate and he was by the gate post I couldn't here him rattle to much wind I seen him move when I was about 5 or 6 ft from him.If he hadn't moved it most likely would of been bad.Because it was getting dark and he blended in good to ground cover.Went got shovel out of truck to kill him when I returned he was gone.I hate to kill him but he hangs around this gate and cattle guard all the time he is going to bite somebody sooner or later.He has got to go

Latest posts

Top Bottom