Carl Gustaf Mauser value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might be able to trade into a Carl Gustav Mauser. It is chambered in 6.5x55. I have no need in it but might trade if money is right. It has the ladder rear sight and the wood is in pretty good shape. The barrel has threads on the end but no muzzle device. I got a few pictures and was wondering if any of you could give me an estimate of value. If I do the trade I will probably be just getting it to flip.
Screenshot_20240106_130345_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240106_130318_Gallery.jpg
20240106_122115.jpg
20240106_121826.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Always wanted to have a thread adapter made for mine to put a can on it. Maybe I’ll get around to that one of these days…

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always wanted to have a thread adapter made for mine to put a can on it. Maybe I’ll get around to that one of these days…

Don’t do that! Threading the muzzle on a Swedish Mauser will ding its value. Collectors look for examples with intact, non-threaded muzzles, which was how they came from the factory.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know nothing of the proof marks, never been into milsurp stuff really. My dad has built guns on Mauser actions for years, but just used the actions and put different barrels and stocks on them.

silverarrow

Marksman
Reaction score
And I will add, this one had 2 piece scope bases on top. I'm sure some of you don't want to hear that...
All collector value went out the window with those scope mounts. But with prices at what they are today , asking price's depending on condition , for even sporters of around $400.00 are common . What they get is another story.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the scope on a mauser.
Sorry for all you collectors or people that think buying a weapon is for making money. I buy them to put food on the table.
I want all the best things on my weapon to make that happen.

What is a good shooter that is accurate worth?
If it shoots like crap I have no use for it no matter what it is.