Carl Gustaf Mauser value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The info on the stock disc is the bore measurements when it was last in the arsenal. The Swedes replaced barrels long before we did. Most of them are more accurate than the average shooter.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Dutchman has some of the best info for the Swedes
http://dutchman.rebooty.com/disc.htmlOh, and most battle rifles are zeroed at 300-350 meters at the lowest sight setting. I ordered my 100 yard sight from a guy in England but I can’t remember the info right off hand. I have the sight pusher for a Swede. I can loan it to whoever needs one.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recrowned both Swedes I had and they shot more accurate.
The holes were almost square looking from all the cleaning rod action they got from the previous users.
I would not buy another one with a square exit hole unless it was cheap.. But I am cheap.
:)

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the scope on a mauser.
Sorry for all you collectors or people that think buying a weapon is for making money. I buy them to put food on the table.
I want all the best things on my weapon to make that happen.

What is a good shooter that is accurate worth?
If it shoots like crap I have no use for it no matter what it is.
I'm definitely not a collector of any type/brand, more of an accumulator LOL. I agree with your take on scopes, I don't understand why the drilling/tapping hurts value so much, as long as its done right of course. But as I said, not a collector, just a user...no safe queens here!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm definitely not a collector of any type/brand, more of an accumulator LOL. I agree with your take on scopes, I don't understand why the drilling/tapping hurts value so much, as long as it’s done right of course. But as I said, not a collector, just a user...no safe queens here!

Collectors value “factory issued” firearms, and any permanent aftermarket modifications - threaded muzzles, D/T holes, cut stocks (if they’re numbers matching with the SN), etc. - are things that cannot be returned to factory issue. It’s not a big deal with collectibles like the M1 Garand that were not numbers matching off the factory floor, as those can be restored to “like” factory issue condition - if you have enough money - but it’s not so easy with the M96, K31, K98k, etc. without faking serial numbers.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Collectors value “factory issued” firearms, and any permanent aftermarket modifications - threaded muzzles, D/T holes, cut stocks (if they’re numbers matching with the SN), etc. - are things that cannot be returned to factory issue. It’s not a big deal with collectibles like the M1 Garand that were not numbers matching off the factory floor, as those can be restored to “like” factory issue condition - if you have enough money - but it’s not so easy with the M96, K31, K98k, etc. without faking serial numbers.
I see that I guess. Kind of like me seeing where people have taken a dremel tool to an older S&W revolver to inscribe their DL# or initials on it somewhere...

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Offer 300. They are great shooters most of the time. If not, you’ll get your money back with no problem.
$350 is their lowered price, its tagged $400 I think. Just posting in case anyone was interested. I don't need it, already have one 6.5x55 and I'm running out of safe room...again 🤣

silverarrow

Marksman
Reaction score
I like the scope on a mauser.
Sorry for all you collectors or people that think buying a weapon is for making money. I buy them to put food on the table.
I want all the best things on my weapon to make that happen.

What is a good shooter that is accurate worth?
If it shoots like crap I have no use for it no matter what it is.
You asked for peoples opinion on the possible price of a firearm , then you want to flame a person who gives you an estimate of said firearm and the reason for the estimate. You could have very easily found numerous for sale ads on the internet for your answer.