Carry Rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sitting here with some time on my hands...so figured I'd drop some info...too. Well, anyway, I'm a holster nerd. I prefer to wrap my carry guns in quality carry holsters. For the 1911 Commander I am about to put on for today, I use either a Milt Sparks Summer Special II for IWB and I like the Kramer Belt Scabbard (simple pancake rig) for OWB. I am a fan of quality belts as well and Kramer makes one heck of a nice gun belt too. My Kramer stuff is horsehide; he is one of the few who do horse; it's a little more resistant to water or sweaty body, and it's stiff as can be. Stiff is good. As is a good tight fit. Mag pouch is a Kramer single, also horsey. Pics? You likey pics? Hokey-doke then. Here they be:
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170108_895fbf4c62cd63914cd438ffec8e7103.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170108_c21a4dbd96df0355843d309f2c46f083.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can't see the pictures either but have a pretty good idea of what you are talking about. You hit it right on the "good belt" ... for any carry much less a 1911 (or a SIG P220 as I often do) a quality belt is very important.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, sorry to beat a deadhorse...seems to be an issue of either my phone or the operator(me). Anyway, pics are now available.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Sparks Summer Special is just about perfect for 1911.

You know, I agree. I like it better than the Sparks VM II and similar Rigs, for a 1911 IWB anyway. It just fits the 1911 right. But for a pancake holster, I really like the Kramer Belt Scabbard. It pulls the gun in extremely well. Kramer knows how to make a belt holster and this thing is as tough as...well, as tough as an old grizzled piece of dried out horsehide.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been carrying my Ruger LW 9mm Commander quite a bit lately. I'm partial to OWB in one of my "Avenger" style holsters.

And yes, a quality belt makes all the difference.

That Ruger LW 9mm CMDR is one fine pistola too. I cannot believe these things are as inexpensive as they are. I mean, mine has as good a trigger as my gnarled up old finger can appreciate and it never ever fails. Never. Ever. You have chosen wisely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom