Carry Solution while wearing waders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an avid fly fisherman. Now that I have my CHL I would like to carry while fishing in waders. My IWB location is not good because i can't get to the gun easily. A shoulder rig would not work because it would be tough to conceal there.

I need some kind of rig that would put the gun right over my belly which would be hidden by the top of the waders.

Anyone have a solution for this one? Do any of you carry while wearing waders?

B

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an avid fly fisherman. Now that I have my CHL I would like to carry while fishing in waders. My IWB location is not good because i can't get to the gun easily. A shoulder rig would not work because it would be tough to conceal there.

I need some kind of rig that would put the gun right over my belly which would be hidden by the top of the waders.

Anyone have a solution for this one? Do any of you carry while wearing waders?

B

I always carry in my waders. I'm an avid fly fisherman wanna-be. I have Orvis waders and they have a pocket in the front of the bib where its easy to to get to. My vest has a couple of pockets I can keep my Keltec P3-AT. Might be a mouse gun, but it is a gun.
I started carrying a .38 Davis derringer many years ago with snake shot in it after a 5' common watersnake decided my tube I was fishing from looked like a place he wanted to be.
Since upgraded to the Keltec after watching the movie Deliverance.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have plenty of IWB holster solutions and always carry that way, but with waders on, the gun is below my wading belt and tough to get to.

I simply cannot ad weight to my vest. it is already ridiculously heavy... i'd like something maybe on a lanyard... that i can stuff down the front of my waders. The Desantis Belly Band thing looks ok, but seems like it might also be tough to get to quickly.

B

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I simply cannot ad weight to my vest. it is already ridiculously heavy... i'd like something maybe on a lanyard... that i can stuff down the front of my waders. The Desantis Belly Band thing looks ok, but seems like it might also be tough to get to quickly.

Life is full of compromises and this is especially true when talking about concealing a weapon.

If there is nothing you can lose out of your vest to accommodate a small handgun then you may have to conceal it somewhere else that may not be as easy to access.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to carry my keltec in my front wader pocket but it got wet. Its clipped on my waders in the front inside. I have the belt clip, no one knows it's there but me and you guys since I told you. There's not to many options but with the cold weather I'm sure certain clothing will help unless you wear your vest outside and you coat in your waders. I'm thinking of one of the shirts that has the holster sewn into it under the armpit. I carry my 19 but its inside for the surprise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom