Talk me into buying a Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find you a used Glock 22 or Glock 23. You should be able to find one for at/under $450 (gen 3). If you change your mind w/in the next five years, sell it for the same price you bought it for.:anyone:
To add to this, you can also buy 9mm conversion barrels relatively cheap if you want a 9mm.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several different types of hammers in my toolbox. I have several different types of pistols in my arsenal. I believe you can learn to be proficient with most any handgun. Many competition shooters shoot Glocks. If you have had them in the past but didn't like them, I'm not sure how buying another one will likely change your opinion of them. There are many just as good options for sub-compact autos. I like my G43X just fine, but I really prefer Sigs. I shoot them better. I guess I don't understand why you want a bunch of people on a gun forum to convince you to get another. Buy what feels best to you then learn to shoot it well.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are good, there are many mods, parts and accessories for them, hands down a popular firearm. I had one before the boating accident. Always shot. Only thing I didn't like is the trigger. I preferred the trigger on Springfield XD's, FNH, Smith and Wesson M&P's and Steyr's (I really like the low bore axis on the M9.) I consider Glocks versus others like the Chevy Versus Ford Versus Dodge argument, all are good, most are very affordable to. I have never had a malfunction in a Glock, had put about 600 Rounds downrange. Springfield XD and FN a whole bunch more. Steyr M9 close to 1600 rds downrange.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are good, there are many mods, parts and accessories for them, hands down a popular firearm. I had one before the boating accident. Always shot. Only thing I didn't like is the trigger. I preferred the trigger on Springfield XD's, FNH, Smith and Wesson M&P's and Steyr's (I really like the low bore axis on the M9.) I consider Glocks versus others like the Chevy Versus Ford Versus Dodge argument, all are good, most are very affordable to.
Yeah but a Glock is the "Chevy pickup" of pistols...especially in 9mm.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a huge Glock fan and they are all I carry. But like others have said, they aren’t for everyone. Granted not everyone takes classes to become proficient enough with what they buy. Glocks are natural to me. Then shoot very well, especially the gen 5’s, conceal well for me, hold lots of seeds and does everything I need it to. There is also a large market for them, which in turn creates a large market to purchase aftermarket parts for.

My gen 5 19 with a 509T shoots 2” groups at 25 yards while standing and using barricade. Zeroing my old PD’s g17 gen 5 with 509T’s, majority of them would group 3-4” at 25 yards while standing and using barricade. About 8 of 50 of those pistols shot a 2” group or better.

It all just depends on your liking. Glocks have a weird grip angle but it’s all I know. Other grip angles don’t bother me at all after shooting glocks all my adult life. I can see it bothering others if they shot a different grip angle and then trying to get accustomed to a Glock grip angle.

So to convince you, I can’t. I know my glocks go boom and go where I need them to if I do what it needs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Top Bottom