CC vs Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About the only time I open carry is when I'm hunting and think I might need to shoot a pig. The pistola on the outside makes for a much more comfortable hunt.

When I stop to get coffee or food on the way home, I'll usually try to cover it up somewhat.

Not because of crackheads or fear of being the "first target", but simply because I don't want to be perceived as that, well....you know.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just dont like drawing attention or standing out as a whole. I didnt go to my graduations, we had a brief 5 minute "ceremony" for my wedding, I dont celebrate my birthday, Fathers Day, etc. and I dont like receiving gifts. Pretty much anything that could steer attention my direction makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I see going out in public like walking through a huge pen of livestock, always alert but not looking at anyone directly enough to spook them or draw any attention to myself like anything is out of the ordinary. Nothing to see here, move along haha.

I really don't care what other people do as long as it is reasonably secure. I have opinions, but dont care enough to try and change anyone else's on most things.

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open carry to remind people this is America. I worked with someone who flipped out excessively when they saw someone OC into a place. I had to inform my coworker that the person had every right to carry. My coworker was from a long-time blue state, so they imagined a no-guns sticker on front of the building and instantly thought the world was ending.

CC is the way to go though.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me ask this, if you walk into an establishment as a criminal contemplating committing a crime and you see the 27 other patrons openly carrying firearms what do you do???? Time and place for open carry in my opinion. Every situation differs. I oc when working in the yard. Ran to the gas station for gas for the mower, guy sees me and starts asking real question about how he can legally carry. Great opportunity to Ed cate and point him in the right direction to find good answers.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me ask this, if you walk into an establishment as a criminal contemplating committing a crime and you see the 27 other patrons openly carrying firearms what do you do???? Time and place for open carry in my opinion. Every situation differs. I oc when working in the yard. Ran to the gas station for gas for the mower, guy sees me and starts asking real question about how he can legally carry. Great opportunity to Ed cate and point him in the right direction to find good answers.
That's a fair question, but I've never been anywhere, besides a police station, the range or a gun show where I've seen a large group of people, like in your example, open carrying. If some turd is stupid enough to try and commit a crime in any of those places, well they deserve to be turned into a sieve. Other than that it was in a gun store and it's just a couple people. Just to be clear, I've got no problem with open carry as long as it's not some of the morons I've seen doing it who just present a negative image for all gun owners. I just believe that, if you find yourself in a situation where you may have to use your firearm, the element of surprise is priceless and cannot be underestimated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom