ccw documents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, On the sheriff check form, Do I fill any of it out? or do they fill it all out there? Also On the application Page it says I need to color photos, Do I take these myself or do they do I go in and have it done at a tag agency or something? and lastly, after I fill out the application, who do I give it to?

sorry, I just don't know this part of the process, thanks.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, On the sheriff check form, Do I fill any of it out? or do they fill it all out there? Also On the application Page it says I need to color photos, Do I take these myself or do they do I go in and have it done at a tag agency or something? and lastly, after I fill out the application, who do I give it to?

sorry, I just don't know this part of the process, thanks.

Believe the Sheriff fills out the Sheriff check form. The pictures MUST be passport style photos. They WILL NOT accept pictures you take yourself. Places like CVS or Walgreens can get you passport photos for cheap and you'll be on your way. Usually, after you fill out the application, you SIGN it in the presence of some sheriff, deputy, or secretary (in my case it was the latter). This is important. They have to physically witness you signing it in their presence. They'll take it and hopefully you get your license in a few months.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been a while and I have applied in two different states, so things are kinda fuzzy.

Here is a link to the OSBI instructions:

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Concealed_Weapons_Licensing/Instructions_for_Initial_Application/index.html

Photos can be from a tag agent or anywhere that takes passport photos. Some Sheriff's offices can take the photos (Tulsa Co did mine for $10).

On the fingerprint form, I would wait and fill it out there or let them fill it out. Have everything else ready to go. Also, according to the link, the application must be signed at the Sheriff's office in person, so don't sign it until you get there.

Good luck.

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe the Sheriff fills out the Sheriff check form. The pictures MUST be passport style photos. They WILL NOT accept pictures you take yourself.

Yes they will take pictures you take yourself but I believe they have to be against a light blue or white background, no smile, hair behind the ears if you have long hair.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they will take pictures you take yourself but I believe they have to be against a light blue or white background, no smile, hair behind the ears if you have long hair.

This is news to me. When I did mine, I was told that they wouldn't accept any DIY-at-home photos. If you printed them on photo quality paper though I guess they wouldn't have a way of knowing, but that's what I was told

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is news to me. When I did mine, I was told that they wouldn't accept any DIY-at-home photos. If you printed them on photo quality paper though I guess they wouldn't have a way of knowing, but that's what I was told

Pictures you take yourself and DIY-at-home photos are two entirely different things.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe the Sheriff fills out the Sheriff check form. The pictures MUST be passport style photos. They WILL NOT accept pictures you take yourself. Places like CVS or Walgreens can get you passport photos for cheap and you'll be on your way. Usually, after you fill out the application, you SIGN it in the presence of some sheriff, deputy, or secretary (in my case it was the latter). This is important.They have to physically witness you signing it in their presence. They'll take it and hopefully you get your license in a few months.

QFT. Fill it out but do not sign it until the officer tells you to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom