CCW for Pastor's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, we don't bash others religious beliefs here - so that is your only warning

Second, Peter was the aggressor in this situation. No Christian under any circumstances has the right to ever take a life. I'm not talking about self-defense, defending yourself from someone
who's trying to kill you or those around you (war), or legal government punishment. I'm talking about an act of violence against another. The Bible teaches to obey all authority over us because God put it in place. The only time to not obey is when it goes against God's law - and even then its not violent.

God gave us the responsibility to protect our families but not be the aggressors

Amen Brother.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, we don't bash others religious beliefs here - so that is your only warning

Second, Peter was the aggressor in this situation. No Christian under any circumstances has the right to ever take a life. I'm not talking about self-defense, defending yourself from someone
who's trying to kill you or those around you (war), or legal government punishment. I'm talking about an act of violence against another. The Bible teaches to obey all authority over us because God put it in place. The only time to not obey is when it goes against God's law - and even then its not violent.

God gave us the responsibility to protect our families but not be the aggressors

Yep. It being Holy Week and all, we just got done reading this very thing. Peter was freaking out, because they were taking Jesus away. Jesus told him to cool it, and it was okay. Then Peter denied him three times, out of fear.

I completely agree with these statements.

That said, no reason there is no reason ANY law abiding person shouldn't have a CCW if they want one. Preacher, lawyer, plumber, whatever.

When my 9 year old was 8, he was very concerned about not killing, it being a sin, should he just die if someone was attacking him? That kind of thing. He wouldn't hear anything I tried to explain. Too grey an area for an 8 year old. Our priest explained it to him, and he got it. Must be the collar or something!

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like alot of the responses. About the whole Peter taking his sword and cutting off Malcus' ear is good but the best part was when Jesus put his ear back on without any plastic surgery. That is awesome.

Last edited:

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite verse is what follows,

Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?”
(Matthew 26:52-54 ESV)

Humbling thought considering the power of one angel. So the thread doesn't go completely off track, I say carry if you want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom