Disabled veteran help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@chazroh
any thoughts on this?
Habitat would be my best guess to repair damages. Do they know where it’s frozen? Sometimes a space heater can help thaw pipes if in a hot water closet. Depends on pipe material. If copper, sometimes putting heat tape on it works to free things up. Best option is getting a plumber. I would recommend getting a small time plumber instead of big guys. Summit plumbing has been great for me.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They’re supposed to be there with an estimate today, my daughter tested positive for COVID but she will be talking to the plumber. I’d be surprised if there isn’t

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mullin plumbing came back with a 9700.00 quote. They want to replace every pipe and valve. I have a son in law that does remodeling etc so I called him to see if he might have time to look at it. After I explained the situation to him he volunteered to go and check it out and if only minor repairs are required there will be no labor charge and me or my buddy will pick up any material charges. Hopefully this will take care of his needs. I really appreciate all the great people on this forum. I’ll give an update tomorrow afternoon. Thanks

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a daughter that does hospice work, mainly for veterans. two days ago I got a call from her. She was extremely upset because one of her wards piping froze up and he didn’t have water. She has been taking him water in jugs and wanted my advice on how to help him. I told her to see If there was any groups in Tulsa or Bixby that could help get him thawed out and fix any damage. I also called a good friend and asked him to check around. So far zero luck. My friend offered to pay a plumber but I’m hoping he won’t have to. I’m currently in Louisiana until at least early March and wouldn’t be much help anyway (I’m pushing 79). I understand he has cancer, is a Vietnam vet and disabled, he had one arm blown off in Vietnam. If anyone knows of an organization or volunteer group that can help this man, please let me know
I will donate time towards the cause. Will your daughter act as a contact? I am in Ada but can drive up there. I have a remodeling crew and I bet I can talk at least one of them into going with me up there. If I could get a little better explanation of what is broken or perhaps a pic or two? If you can get you daughter to be a contact I am going to private message you my cell number. My name is Daniel Gray

Latest posts

Top Bottom