CCW for Pastor's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Must be some kind of Baptist, huh? They are pretty good at twisting the Word to meet their own needs.

Matthew 26:52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

self defense is not living by the sword.........in the verse you quote Peter was the aggressor. or maybe you are being sarcastic either way...I am a pastor with a CCW

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must be some kind of Baptist, huh? They are pretty good at twisting the Word to meet their own needs.

Matthew 26:52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Psalm 18:34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Mahatma Ghandi, the father of modern pacifism:
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India,
history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation
of arms, as the blackest."

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

self defense is not living by the sword.........in the verse you quote Peter was the aggressor. or maybe you are being sarcastic either way...I am a pastor with a CCW

Ditto this, and disappointed in yukonjack's assessment. Not an attack, just personal opinion only.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

First, we don't bash others religious beliefs here - so that is your only warning

Second, Peter was the aggressor in this situation. No Christian under any circumstances has the right to ever take a life. I'm not talking about self-defense, defending yourself from someone
who's trying to kill you or those around you (war), or legal government punishment. I'm talking about an act of violence against another. The Bible teaches to obey all authority over us because God put it in place. The only time to not obey is when it goes against God's law - and even then its not violent.

God gave us the responsibility to protect our families but not be the aggressors

Latest posts

Top Bottom