ccw question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwalden82

New to the site!
Reaction score
If I move to Oklahoma from another state there are a few questions..

1) How long do I have to change my ccl from Arkansas?

2)If I do change it does that mean I have to go to another class in Oklahoma to get my ccl there?

3)Do I have to change it at all or can I just notify whomever of my address change?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I move to Oklahoma from another state there are a few questions..

1) How long do I have to change my ccl from Arkansas?

2)If I do change it does that mean I have to go to another class in Oklahoma to get my ccl there?

3)Do I have to change it at all or can I just notify whomever of my address change?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

CCL's in this country are issued by the individual states, so a change in residence from one state to another will impact the validity of most licenses. Odds are your AR permit will become invalid the instant you become an Oklahoma resident; you need to find out how your status changes if you plan to continue to carry after your residency changes.

Go look up your situation on the Arkansas State Police website. Next go to the OSBI website http://www.ok.gov/osbi/ for information on Oklahoma conceal carry.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CCL's in this country are issued by the individual states, so a change in residence from one state to another will impact the validity of most licenses. Odds are your AR permit will become invalid the instant you become an Oklahoma resident; you need to find out how your status changes if you plan to continue to carry after your residency changes.

Go look up your situation on the Arkansas State Police website. Next go to the OSBI website http://www.ok.gov/osbi/ for information on Oklahoma conceal carry.

+1

If Arkansas will let you change your address on its CCW and make it a non-resident license, OK will recognize it. If not, its not valid. It will take you 90 days or so to take a class and obtain an OK permit. There is no grace period. OK does not issue non-res permits, so you cannot get it done before you establish residence here.

If that does not work for you, consider getting a non-resident permit somewhere else before you move.

Florida and Utah are popular. There are Utah licensed instructors and classes available in many states including Oklahoma.

Florida does not require any new class at all if you can prove you have taken a gun safety class and read the required material. You can do it all by mail. Takes about 90 days. Oklahoma recognizes the Florida permit, so you won't be un-permitted after you move. You can request the FLA materials online.

All that assumes you otherwise qualify for the permits in terms of citizenship, clean police record, and so forth.

jej

Latest posts

Top Bottom