Century Arms AK 47 polish underfolder.(.For those in question)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ak4778

Hello Im new to the Ak world and I been doing a lot of research on these AK's before buying one.I did like the Century Arms Polish under-folder.I didnt wanna buy the cheapest AK and cant afford the "best" one right now either.So looking for bout 3 weeks going to gun shows and local gun shops I started to get familiar with what looked like a cheaper quality compared to a great quality AK.Some nice ones out there and some very bad built ones.However I didn't know much on the century arms at that time but I knew enough on what to look for canted sights,mag wobble,bolt carrier,trigger,stamped or milled + dimples on receiver etc etc..And I didn't want the tactical look,I like the classic AK look better.So when I looked around I noticed the AK polish under-folder from Century,I fell in love with it,I didn't wanna buy the first one I seen so I shopped around and looked for a real good brand new one,no scratches,nice wood etc..I found it for $549.00 two 30 round mags and a cardboard box in Katy,Texas..I love this thing,I couldn't be Happier..Excellent finish,stamped rec,No canted sights,no mag wobble,has the dimples,cleaning rood,everything is aligned great!I took it to the range and it fires excellent!I tested the accuracy and it was pretty good,wood doesn't heat up,mags fit in and out nice,smooth action,no key hole,maybe I just got lucky! I was very pleased especially from what I been reading now about the Century Arms AK 47's after buying it and being my first one.A lot of the negative things Ive read on other forums pretty old too (97-99) that's a long time.I also went in with the mentality of "oh well,there's so many good and bad AK's I have to start somewhere and find out the hard way and definitely know what to buy next time" well I'll tell you this,this one sure sets the bar up pretty high man.The only thing I need to do is shooting a real "high quality" ak and cheaper one to really see if there is any difference in that! Im not saying there top of the line,I have seen the difference in better quality made ones and terrible ones,but for the money its really worth it..

1S1K

I have had cai ak's in the past and currently still have two and had no issues whatsoever but if I need to sell a gun to fund a project I will not hesitate to sell them. As for my arsenal saiga's and bulgarians I will have to be broke before I let them go.

A

Ak4778

I have had cai ak's in the past and currently still have two and had no issues whatsoever but if I need to sell a gun to fund a project I will not hesitate to sell them. As for my arsenal saiga's and bulgarians I will have to be broke before I let them go.

Now thats going to be another issue for me..I certainly wanna get another one just hard to decide witch one! Again I know that there is better quality Ak's than century but I been reading a lot of ppl bashing the Cia's and there not bad at all! I seen worse!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had 4 Century Yugo's, 3 uf's and 1 fixed stock.They all functioned perfectly. Century gets an unearned bad rap. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. lol

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had 4 Century Yugo's, 3 uf's and 1 fixed stock.They all functioned perfectly. Century gets an unearned bad rap. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. lol

Yep, same here. Had several romy`s too and none of them had any problems.

I now have a Khyber pass AK lol parts from at least 3-4 countries were used in the build. Shoots better than any of the AK`s I`ve owned before.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, same here. Had several romy`s too and none of them had any problems.

I now have a Khyber pass AK lol parts from at least 3-4 countries were used in the build. Shoots better than any of the AK`s I`ve owned before.

My "best " now is an AMD65 kit(w/original barrel) built by Elk River on a NDS receiver. Spectacular weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom