Chair question. Ground blinds and bow hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up the ground blind I wanted yesterday. Double Bull Dark Horse. Loved the Ground hunter I had last year and needed something I could bow hunt out of. I have a canvas folding chair with no arm rests that works. However, I wanted to know if anyone has a better idea. I've thought about the tripod seat Primos offers or similar product. A 5 gallon bucket with swivel seat would work but who am I kidding. I need something with a back rest. Got to be able to relax(sleep) when you have a chance.

What have you found works for you bow hunting. It doesn't have to be something that folds up. Just something that isn't going to make noise if I shift in the seat.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the 3 legged seat that swivels. It is quiet but alas...no backrest. Hard to find one that has comfort and quiet to in my experience. The back rests creak.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i tried one of the three legged ones out there and one leg would sink in the sandy soil. drove me nuts thats why i ended up with that bucket

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the primos 3 legged chair and really like it. With the feet on it I haven't had much trouble with sinking. It allows for really good range of movement and shooting with a bow. The biggest selling factor is that it doesn't fold up and get the boys like some of the cheaper smaller tripods do.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the primos 3 legged chair and really like it. With the feet on it I haven't had much trouble with sinking. It allows for really good range of movement and shooting with a bow. The biggest selling factor is that it doesn't fold up and get the boys like some of the cheaper smaller tripods do.

Thought you were married and didnt have them anymore. Ha ha

I use a fold stool that has a back rest that can be left up or down. Its made with 1" tubing. I have even used a "bag chair" lawn chair until I start seeing deer then move to the stool to get ready. Easily done if by yourself in a double bull.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been eyeballing that Double Bull blind for a while and debating whether it's worth the money. Give us a review and let us know what you think.

I use a tripod chair similar to the BPS one too. I wouldn't call it the most comfortable but it's comfortable enough, sturdy enough, and it has the backrest. After sitting on a bucket seat for a couple years in a turkey blind I decided I was going to get that backrest.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about getting one of these but the running generator for the power to the chair would kill my chances.
t2_gstatic_com_images_eeaa508ceb281dc14c84c7a9f4ea0c58._.jpg

I hunted out of a double bull ground blind last year as well as an Ameristep or similar blind. The quality difference is huge. One thing you will notice is the zippers that are used. These will not fail. How many have cussed the zipper on their ground blind for failing while getting into your blind. They also dont act so tent like when the wind blows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom