Charity Poker Run - 5 state Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to get this out there for the motorcycle riders on here.
This is based out of Guymon and will be our second year attending.
Lots of bikes, lots of people, but you don't have to ride in a group if you don't want to. Ok, TX, NM, Co, and KS, then back to Guymon to end the day.
Proceeds go to help out the community in Guymon and is sponsored by the Iron Thunder MC Club, but all bikes are welcome. We were one of many Goldwings there last year.
Winning hand pays $3000.

Five State Run

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, if you click the link and download the registration form you will see it is for 2022, but they are using the same form this year and didn't change the date yet.
Or give it a few days or a week and they should have the new forms available.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was pretty cool. Two of the punch stops are museums, mostly pioneer type stuff, but still kinda cool.
You can ride solo, ride with a big group, or anywhere in between.
A trip downtown Friday evening is worth it. Most all the bikes are there and it's pretty cool to see them all.
Not like Sturgis, but pretty cool all the same.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was pretty cool. Two of the punch stops are museums, mostly pioneer type stuff, but still kinda cool.
You can ride solo, ride with a big group, or anywhere in between.
A trip downtown Friday evening is worth it. Most all the bikes are there and it's pretty cool to see them all.
Not like Sturgis, but pretty cool all the same.

I have no idea of what route the run may take, but if it happens to go along Highway 56 between Elkhart, KS and Keyes, OK, it goes by another "Sturgis." Along that way, there used to be a small country grain elevator about halfway between the two towns, and it was also called "Sturgis." Now, there isn't any elevator, but there is a farm house and barns across the road from where it was.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nifty, wish I could ride far enough to get to the starting point. Ha, At 75yo I am not known as "Iron Butt" any more, but I do have 59 years behind the handlebars logged. Nice flatout viewing in that area. Yep, must be a cool group of real people, as some rides do not openly include Harleys and Hondas or anything others than their "own" kind. Many act like the wind blows different in their faces over a different brand front wheel, ya know? Thanks for sharing and the invite. I hope you have a great turn out and a safe great fun time. Keep us posted here, you will not use up too much space, even with pictures.

Last edited:

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20230512_184121.jpg

From left to right - my 2004, a fellow goldwing forum member's 2012, and my brother in law's 2005.
20230512_195153.jpg

20230512_195135.jpg

Downtown Guymon Friday night. Beer, BBQ, and live country music.
This was only a fraction of the bikes in town. These pictures show about half the bikes parked on main, and many many others were parked on the side streets around the main area. Every hotel has a parking lot full of bikes of all makes.
Looking forward to a fun poker run tomorrow and hoping we get back to the event center before it rains.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
How was it this year? If I would have seen this a few days ago I would have went to the event Friday night to meet a fellow OSA member.

I sold my Harley a few years ago so I don’t do the ride anymore.

The only good part of that ride in my opinion is from Clayton, NM to Kenton, OK and up into Colorado…

Latest posts

Top Bottom