Cheap Thermal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
The Lepton is a Flir core that was developed for cell phones. Super low refresh rate, made for taking pictures and not video, really wide FOV and super super cheap. Move fast and you'll have a pretty good smear. Probably shutterless too so you have to NUC it with a cover or lens cap.

The Flir thermal camera clip-on for phones they had awhile back uses the same core. Probably a good pocket thermal for looking across your yard and such.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Others sell that same thing for 500-1000+ so what gives
Looks like clearance to me. They have it marked $1099 normal but they probably can't sell them so they're probably liquidating their inventory.

What diameter is the tube?
I think the tube is the battery compartment with the FPA/OLA up front.

Mattman5000e

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The refresh rate is slow as mud. Inside of 50 yards, resolution is okay not great. I’ve got it on my yard gun.

I wouldn’t pay $500 for it, and if it wasn’t such a deal I wouldn’t recommend it. But for the price…

The tube is 30mm. It’s honestly probably better as a monocular for detection, but at short range it bumps along as a scope. Inside the house it’s actually pretty good. For home defense it wouldn’t be bad once I’ve decided I trust it.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got mine the night before we left for deer camp and for $200 I am happy as can be. Yes the refresh delay sucks, but for $200... Otherwise it helped locate a coyote about 30 yards away. I could clearly see a cow/ calf pair a little over 100 yards away. Used it as a handy little monocular for about a week and had a blast with it.
I have it mounted on a spare 30mm mount I had laying around and on a spare 10/22. Havent had a chance to site it in, but cant wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom