Chemical test in Newkirk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I done a search and didn't see another thread on this yet. If there is, please delete.

Has anyone heard about this?

http://www.ctnewsonline.com/news/article_9a8a2688-c451-11e7-9a24-3fd751929a20.html

FEDS PLAN CHEMICAL TESTS AT CHILOCCO
NEWKIRK, Okla. — The Department of Homeland Security plans to conduct outdoor testing at the former Chilocco Indian School campus that will include a low-level release of inert chemical and biological simulant materials during the early months of 2018 and later that summer.

DHS officials contacted the Newkirk Herald Journal Monday morning to submit a legal notice of the pending tests and to invite the public to comment on the environmental assessment during a 30-day open comment period that began Wednesday.

The DHS publication stated that the study is part of the organization’s efforts to protect the nation’s critical infrastructure and prepare for possible biological attack.

The study is aimed at determining how well biological agents will penetrate into single- and multi-family structures. The study is expected to help predict how well those agents work under various conditions by measuring the amount of the inert chemicals that penetrate the buildings.

DHS has posted a draft of the environmental assessment at www.dhs.gov/national-environmental-policy-act. To submit a comment on the study, no later than Dec. 8, DHS requested the public to email [email protected]., or mail comments to S&T CBD Mail Stop 0201, 245 Murray Ln SW, Washington, DC 20528-0201.

The DHS requested members of the public to include their name and address with the comment and to identify the comment as regarding the “Outdoor Testing at Chilocco.”

The final documents, when complete, will also be posted on the DHS website. The legal notice submitted by DHS is published on Page 6 of this week’s edition of the Newkirk Herald Journal. No further information or comments from DHS officials were available by deadline Tuesday.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.koco.com/article/okla-re...an-to-conduct-outdoor-chemical-tests/13510372

, the proposed tests will be conducted in early 2018, and again in summer 2018 at the Chilocco Indian School Campus near Newkirk, Oklahoma. According to DHS officials, the study will include low level outdoor release of inert chemical and biological stimulant materials.

Officials said the purpose of the study is to gather data that enhances the department’s predictive capabilities in the event of a biological agent attack. However, residents in the area are concerned.

Many in the area called the KOCO 5 newsroom and sent us messages after hearing about the plan, saying they are concerned about the safety of people living in the area. A petition has been started on Change.org to stop the testings. It has garnered more than 500 signatures.

“I am signing because I am NOT okay with chemicals being released anywhere around me and my family,” Pamela Vap wrote on the petition’s page.

“I'm signing this because my child goes to a country school not far from there and we live about five miles from there. I'm very concerned about the possible effects this could have on our water, livestock close by or the health of all residents nearby,” Paula Murphree wrote on the page.
[/URL]

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They don't mind telling you they're testing bio agents. What they don't want you to know is where the antidotes are stored.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm really surprised at how little I have heard about this.

If Tulsa news is like it was when I was a kid growing up in B'ville, it took a disaster outside of the 918 area code of mega proportions to make the news. Ponca was on the western edge of the weather map, and sometimes had a temp posted over it, and sometimes it didn't. I'd not heard of 90% of the towns on this side of the state until I moved out here. I'd not seen any mention of the testing until yesterday from a couple different sources, so I don't think you're too far behind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, a new deal to me too.
I live 17 miles south east of there as the crow flies.
I'd need to know what "inert" agents are being used.
Agent Orange was deemed to be "inert" and safe for human exposure in the 70's by the same government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom