Chernobyl, 30 Years On

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try finding the River Monsters? Show with Jeremy wade. He got permission from the Russian gov't to fish the cooling lake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason to me it's fascinating, if you look closely it's almost like the planet is healing itself, I know it will be past our lifetime but it will be habitable again

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The danger there isn't over. The sarcophagus is already past it's expected life and the new safe confinement structure is over budget and not expected to be completed until the end of 2017. It's never been cleaned up, the sarcophagus is leaking rain water through it's roof, and it is partially supported by reactor debris. A collapse would release large amounts of radiation into the atmosphere...again.

I'm glad I'm not as close to it as I was back in 1987. They were warning us of possible contaminated German milk at the time. That milk was horrible anyway, no problem staying away from it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The danger there isn't over. The sarcophagus is already past it's expected life and the new safe confinement structure is over budget and not expected to be completed until the end of 2017. It's never been cleaned up, the sarcophagus is leaking rain water through it's roof, and it is partially supported by reactor debris. A collapse would release large amounts of radiation into the atmosphere...again.

I'm glad I'm not as close to it as I was back in 1987. They were warning us of possible contaminated German milk at the time. That milk was horrible anyway, no problem staying away from it.
I remember that warning about milk and other things in eastern Europe.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Creepy. I saw a show documenting mutation of animals in the area. It was interesting to see that some species adapted with little or no visible change while others were riddled with problems.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason to me it's fascinating, if you look closely it's almost like the planet is healing itself, I know it will be past our lifetime but it will be habitable again
That's because it is healing itself. Our planet doesn't even know we are here really. It'll be rocking along just fine long after all of us are gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom