AI, it's fans and questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are two problems as I see it. On the human side, there will always be someone who says "someone was always going to go there (weapons, intelligence collection, etc.), so I/we felt it was critical to get there first. For example, the atom bomb.

Second, the machine learning isn't the threat. The threat comes when the machines begin deciding. They will always fail to account for human element so necessary in moral, ethical and just decisions. Eventually important decisions will be farmed out to AI, and they will deliver predictable results for a machine.

We live in very interesting times indeed.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think that anyone interested in AI in any form should bathe themselves in the study and understanding of Technocracy.
1701270941941.png

My uncle Ted got fed up with city life so he moved to a cabin in the woods.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Designed by man, influenced by man.

Flawed from get go.

Working in a chemical plant, early '90s. We had an AI troubleshooting program.
Didn't take long for us to figure out which engineer was inputting the problems and solutions.

Biases and stupidity get included, can't prevent it. Even as a child LEARNS, the bias of teachers and parents gets included.

AI is a slippery slope we should avoid. Unintended consequences abound.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, the military wants drones and robots to be able to decide who to kill and when?

So much for the military's penchant towards Rules of Engagement.
If war evolves into who has the best, or most drones, and no one gets killed, there won't be any reason to have wars will there? I guess the military industrial complex will still get richer making drones? If A.I. is perfected, by these same people, maybe they can make everyone on both sides think they had a war, and their side won?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one could possibly comprehend all the possible ramifications of A.I., could they? some of the very scientist that built the first atomic bomb, regretted having done that, once they saw the results. It's use was justified, in that particular situation, in my opinion. The estimated cost in American Lives, to invade Japan, was at least 400,000 Americans killed, and at worst a gorilla war that last for years, if not decades! The very existence of the atom bomb, and both sides having it, very well could have prevented another world war, at least so far? A DEEP QUESTION!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom