Chest rigs, plate carriers and bump helmets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the non LEO guys that own them...when do you actually wear them if not for work reasons or competitions? I see lots of pics and videos of guys wearing vests, plate carriers, chest rigs and bump helmets ($$$$) out at private ranges, but for those of you that don't have access to an outdoor area or private area...do you wear them to indoor ranges? I've never seen anyone wear one in an indoor range. I'm just curious....I want one, but can't justify paying $XXX for one when I'd probably never wear it. I know I know....better to have one just in case the **** hits the fan....but the wife don't see it that way.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The purpose of armor, for most non- leo, is just a shtf preparation.. course we saw te orchestrated riots, “ protests”, etc not long ago, but if things suddenly get worse it might be nice to have.. of course then you will prob have a bunch of folks who bought gear and have never worn it, never exercised or shot while wearing it, etc.. betting not may folks take it to the range..

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bump helmets outside of the .mil and SOME leo applications are dumb. That is unless you’re running NODs/NVGs.
I'd only where one if I found myself at a protest/counter-protest where Antifa twats would be since they like to throw rocks and cement milkshakes. I'm an lolpoor so I don't have NODs.

I do have plates and a plate carrier that I wear when shooting steel.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the non LEO guys that own them...when do you actually wear them if not for work reasons or competitions? I see lots of pics and videos of guys wearing vests, plate carriers, chest rigs and bump helmets ($$$$) out at private ranges, but for those of you that don't have access to an outdoor area or private area...do you wear them to indoor ranges? I've never seen anyone wear one in an indoor range. I'm just curious....I want one, but can't justify paying $XXX for one when I'd probably never wear it. I know I know....better to have one just in case the **** hits the fan....but the wife don't see it that way.
So don't ask her

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bump helmets outside of the .mil and SOME leo applications are dumb. That is unless you’re running NODs/NVGs.
Actually I like wearing one when I am out riding the fields in my utv. They are lighter than a full MC helmet and offer moderate protection in case you hit an unexpected rut and get shaken about the cage. Can save an ouchy or two. Maybe I look dumb, but I quit worrying about that years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom