Chest Rigs for Fattys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am on the plus size of things and find myself wanting a chest rig for emergencies, that is grab and go. It doesn't need to be something that I take to war, because I'm never going to war, or at least not for very long. A bit of searching led me to a rig by Condor that will fit fat guys and even has some nice accessories you can add to it. Anyone been in the same boat, what did you do? I have a shoulder magazine bag, for the time being. It almost needs another hand though, so I'm looking for something better.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up with a tactical vest in a trade. No use for it but I guess it goes with my hunting vest collection in a way. It will hold several of my rifle mags, pistol mags, folding knife, etc.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm also not planning on going to war. My bigest worry would be people trying to loot my house if my neighborhood was damaged by a tornado, so I keep a rifle and one of these ready to go in my storm cellar. Yakeda Vest It's nothing fancy, and probably made for airsoft, but I'm too old to be larping around with a full battle rattle setup. Ben there, done that. Description says it fits up to a 57 inch waist.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm also not planning on going to war. My bigest worry would be people trying to loot my house if my neighborhood was damaged by a tornado, so I keep a rifle and one of these ready to go in my storm cellar. Yakeda Vest It's nothing fancy, and probably made for airsoft, but I'm too old to be larping around with a full battle rattle setup. Ben there, done that. Description says it fits up to a 57 inch waist.
That looks a lot like the vest I took in trade. Like you I do not expect having to go to war, but it does hold mages for my Mini 14 pretty well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom