Chicago suburb PD selling guns from buyback program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You hear from a friend your local PD is is conducting a gun buyback "Event" next weekend. The prices being paid are (FMV x 1.2). You live in OK and all laws are as they are today. Do you

Sorry, I came late to the party, where were they offering (FMV x 1.2)? everything I read said they were offering $100 gift cards for all working firearms.

Edit: unless you're speaking of a $75 lorcin or jiminez

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to see a newspaper publish some numbers after a buyback.
For instance, in a city such as Oklahoma City, what the estimate is of:

A) What percentage of gun owners sold to the OKCPD as opposed to estimate of number of guns in OKC;
B) How many were in working condition;
C) How many sellers were going to take the money and upgrade their firearms.

You know...the sorta' stuff that doesn't make it to CNN.
It'd be funny if a police department "held" the firearms for several months, with the seller having the option to buy the firearm back for what they were paid.
Bet there's a lot of people who'd like to have their high dollar guns back, now that they realized they weren't the next mass killer.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The explanation as posted above was already coming across as insulting people and using name calling.
Sounds like you're trying to set people up so you can insult them further.

For anybody to be offended - they would have to be the type walking around just looking for something to b offended by. Those are people who NEED to be offended - the very survival of our country depends on it.

As to personal attacks on ANYBODY for their answers - unacceptable!

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to see a newspaper publish some numbers after a buyback.
For instance, in a city such as Oklahoma City, what the estimate is of:

A) What percentage of gun owners sold to the OKCPD as opposed to estimate of number of guns in OKC;
B) How many were in working condition;
C) How many sellers were going to take the money and upgrade their firearms.

You know...the sorta' stuff that doesn't make it to CNN.
It'd be funny if a police department "held" the firearms for several months, with the seller having the option to buy the firearm back for what they were paid.
Bet there's a lot of people who'd like to have their high dollar guns back, now that they realized they weren't the next mass killer.

Very good points, I would love to see the answer to those questions as well.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For anybody to be offended - they would have to be the type walking around just looking for something to b offended by. Those are people who NEED to be offended - the very survival of our country depends on it.

As to personal attacks on ANYBODY for their answers - unacceptable!

In other words, you're ready to offend people who don't agree with you.

We would be surviving better right now if we had Romney/Ryan in office, but I understand you voted against them?

I am assuming that Romney/Ryan would not have the IRS targeting the Tea Party and other conservative parties as our current admin is, nor would we be as worried about the NSA as much, or have a Vice President who spearheaded a gun grabbing committee.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In other words, you're ready to offend people who don't agree with you.

We would be surviving better right now if we had Romney/Ryan in office, but I understand you voted against them?

I am assuming that Romney/Ryan would not have the IRS targeting the Tea Party and other conservative parties as our current admin is, nor would we be as worried about the NSA as much, or have a Vice President who spearheaded a gun grabbing committee.

I'm willing to offend anybody, PERIOD!

There is a difference between offending people with personal attacks and hate speech -vs- offending people by expressing an alternative viewpoint. Those that don't understand the difference don't matter; those that matter understand the difference.

Go read the writings during the early days of our country authored by the great men who founded it. Those men said what needed to be said without regard for who was offended by it. Today we have all this whiny Political Correctness BS. Isn't it ironic, our country was ascending to greatness during the former period but is in a steady state of decline in the latter. It is no coincidence. Political Correctness is the mortal enemy of free speech and therefore the mortal enemy of freedom.

The IRS is a huge bureaucracy with politically appointed humans at the helm, it will and has always attacked whoever it wanted to. They just so happened to get caught this time, possibly for a reason we have yet to learn about, possibly to justify the highly anticipated release of Patriot Act version 2.0. Beta tested, Unanimously Approved (by both parties......for the sake of the children).

As to the NSA activities, I sincerely hope you are joking. If not, go read post #2 of the following thread:

https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...ya-Bush-Miss-Me-Yet-Americans-are-starting-to

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There is a difference between offending people with personal attacks and hate speech -vs- offending people by expressing an alternative viewpoint. Those that don't understand the difference don't matter; those that matter understand the difference.

Go read the writings during the early days of our country authored by the great men who founded it. Those men said what needed to be said without regard for who was offended by it. Today we have all this whiny Political Correctness BS. Isn't it ironic, our country was ascending to greatness during the former period but is in a steady state of decline in the latter. It is no coincidence. Political Correctness is the mortal enemy of free speech and therefore the mortal enemy of freedom.

The IRS is a huge bureaucracy with politically appointed humans at the helm, it will and has always attacked whoever it wanted to. They just so happened to get caught this time, possibly for a reason we have yet to learn about, possibly to justify the highly anticipated release of Patriot Act version 2.0. Beta tested, Unanimously Approved (by both parties......for the sake of the children).

As to the NSA activities, I sincerely hope you are joking. If not, go read post #2 of the following thread:

https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...ya-Bush-Miss-Me-Yet-Americans-are-starting-to

We are all aware that the intent of your survey, and we are all aware of how the IRS, the NSA, and the government works.

You sound like someone who just discovered this.

Congratulations. :)

michaeld

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You said you are willing to offend people to get your point across - but the thing is you don't have to.

Especially on a forum like this that most already agree with you. People listen if you are nice - they shut you off when you are arrogant and condescending

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom