Chicken fest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you looked at kune kune pigs. I've thought about getting some but haven't pursued yet.
We had the kune kune and while they're respectable in some means like grazing and less rooting If I'm going to put time and $ in pork it'll be a lean production type as we have in the freezer currently.. The kun es are old school lard type and while lard is good I don't want quite that much..

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang sure enough in the freezer, hope we have room for beef come Sept..
I have yet to read past this comment, so at the fear of repeating a comment…If you need help storing the beef, or chicken for that matter! I must warn you, meat tends to disappear from my freezer rather quickly, this is my disclaimer. :blush:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got that same plucker. I did some modifications to mine so I can turn it off and on without bending over. I put some rubber trim molding on the bottom of the tub to help keep the water inside.
We have access to Shawnee or Seminole store I called Shawnee and they said $400 or so, called Seminole they said clearance abouts $249, we beat it to Seminole pretty quick..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year my wife and daughters asked if they could get a pig. I said we should think and discuss on it. I came home that evening and I think they had two or three pigs. A few days later they had bought a couple more. See they test the waters first. Then based on my reaction they test further. Long story short, they have 4 sows and a boar. About a month ago two of the sows had piglets. I think the current head count is 14. They are American Guinea Hogs. They’ve got a pen that is made out of electric poultry netting that they move around. It’s probably 40-50 foot diameter.
Suuuuwee Suuuuwee.. Good for them, do they have Alpacas yet ?:rollingla

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@2busy here's the score tag..

Attachments

• 20190604_161040.jpg
    20190604_161040.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 44

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year my wife and daughters asked if they could get a pig. I said we should think and discuss on it. I came home that evening and I think they had two or three pigs. A few days later they had bought a couple more. See they test the waters first. Then based on my reaction they test further. Long story short, they have 4 sows and a boar. About a month ago two of the sows had piglets. I think the current head count is 14. They are American Guinea Hogs. They’ve got a pen that is made out of electric poultry netting that they move around. It’s probably 40-50 foot diameter.
So what do y’all plan to do with the piglets?!? Your herd is multiplying fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom