Thoughts on "if I have to shoot"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an excellent post. I would definitely get the CCW Safe membership or some other sort of legal defense just in case. I know several of the cops in my area so as long as it's somebody that I know AND KNOWS ME that shows up to the scene, I might be tempted to just give a short explanation of what went down and why I was forced to shoot. After that, I'd ask for my counsel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Officer, that person tried to take my life and I defended myself.
STFU and get lawyered up. As previously stated, LEO are not required to make an official statement for 48 hours after a shooting incident.
Everyone else should be afforded the same courtesy.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't open carry but I'm glad the law was passed as it took away the brandishing and printing part of the CC law. Before you could lose your CC permit or be fined if you accidentally had your weapon exposed. And yes even the most careful can have that happen.

Also don't do like the guy who shot and killed the guy on Riverside in Tulsa a few years ago. It was a good shoot but he kept talking about it and even went on TV and talked to a reporter. He screwed himself when he said he didn't even realize the gun had gone off. They nailed him as being negligent.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Officer, that person tried to take my life and I defended myself.
STFU and get lawyered up. As previously stated, LEO are not required to make an official statement for 48 hours after a shooting incident.
Everyone else should be afforded the same courtesy.
Yup I was going to leave this thread alone but I have had multiple layers and LEOs tell me. Say you defended yourself, that you want to press charges on the person that attacked you, and you would like to speak with your lawyer before making a further statement. Then STHU.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't open carry but I'm glad the law was passed as it took away the brandishing and printing part of the CC law. Before you could lose your CC permit or be fined if you accidentally had your weapon exposed. And yes even the most careful can have that happen.

Also don't do like the guy who shot and killed the guy on Riverside in Tulsa a few years ago. It was a good shoot but he kept talking about it and even went on TV and talked to a reporter. He screwed himself when he said he didn't even realize the gun had gone off. They nailed him as being negligent.

Kenneth Gumm, yeah and he shouldn't have gotten out of his car either. That is a no no. I believe some of our OSA members had talked to him after that. I believe he passed away,

https://www.newson6.com/story/8677731/suspended-sentence-ordered-in-fatal-road-rage

Latest posts

Top Bottom