Chouteau Man Suffers Head Injury While Leaning Out Of Moving Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are you guys blaming the passenger? He was sick, so he stuck his head out the window to toss his cookies. It was the idiotic driver who went so close to the mailbox that the sick guy hit his head. I'm sure the latter was too sick to think of clearance issues, while the driver could easily have prevented the whole thing by driving more to the center. Or, as 71BF said, the driver could have pulled over and stopped.

If anyone deserves the award, it's the driver, though I wouldn't give the drunk guy any gold stars for allowing himself to get that sick.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly, the guy puking was being cool by not barfing in his friend's car. At least the friend made sure he got medical attention. I guarantee you he was either high or drunk. Even if he has a warrant, he is going to get popped on this one, but if he can sober up, he might not get the dui.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why are you guys blaming the passenger? He was sick, so he stuck his head out the window to toss his cookies. It was the idiotic driver who went so close to the mailbox that the sick guy hit his head. I'm sure the latter was too sick to think of clearance issues, while the driver could easily have prevented the whole thing by driving more to the center. Or, as 71BF said, the driver could have pulled over and stopped.

If anyone deserves the award, it's the driver, though I wouldn't give the drunk guy any gold stars for allowing himself to get that sick.
There's obviously room for two awards

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shezam, OK, I lurked here for years, became a member, see news things on this site I have either missed or not been aware of, but this item hits home.

When you get down to reporting news pertaining to an incident like this that bashed one of my friends and neighbors mailbox exactly 1.1 miles down the street from me, I have to get concerned of how in depth we really are. I would say, really on top of it.

My scanner went off with a 911 page (I have been involved with the local Volunteer Fire Department, was their president, and receive all their pages) requesting help with an auto incident at x address. I live out in the country. Anything that happens within a 5-10 mile radius, I consider "is in my back yard". Our Flat Rock Volunteer Fire Department/EMS arrived at the scene shortly afterward and asked for Life-Flight (Helicopter at my airport where I have my two planes, 16.7 miles away) be put on stand by. (Warm the turbine, but do not launch unless called).

Wagoner County Ambulance arrived shortly after and made the decision to transport locally. ? Transferred to Tulsa shortly after.

I have been in positions in my life where I have had to act professional whether I thought it was appropriate or not. Listening to all the people involved with this incident, I never heard anything other than professionalism. This as a tribute to the people that responded, most of them know the area this vehicle was headed toward. Not someplace most of them desire to even drive through.

Sorry, typing this, knowing the cesspool neighborhood he made the corner to drive toward, I lost it, a head hitting on my neighbors mail box???? Sorry, I am still trying to collect my composure.........Hurt for anyone is a bad deal, but a mail box? Sorry, can not help it

My first thought was, may be it will knock some sense into him he did not have. My biggest remorse is that my neighbor will have to replace his mailbox, because of the damage.

That neighborhood is the reason I live in my house with a .45 strapped on when I have pants on. It might take a while, but most of the structures in that neighborhood are being eliminated by meth fires.

In the background, I do feel sorry for the person that had to barf and his driver that was involved in this. I have driven many barfing people home in my life, only because I can drink as much as they do but do not usually barf myself and most importantly, I drive well after many drinks. One of them got out to barf and fell face forward onto a pile of rocks beside the road. I felt bad about that, nothing I could have done, when Wifey opened the door, over she went, by the time I got around to her side, she was scuffed up. Bad Deal. I tried to tell her about her 2 drink limit that over that he could handle. While she is legal to drive me home with the law, she listens to me now.

Ok enough rambling now., When you are driving in a rural area, it is still civilized, There are rural mail boxes. If you are the driver, you are the responsible party, Pilot in command is the Pilot in command, you just have to work with the ******* passengers. Just my opinion

I believe every one should test the edge and know their limits. At one time in my life, no one would ride in a car with me when I was sober. After out drinking with them, I was the "safe" driver to take them home.

To say x% ABL makes you 0% un safe is false in my opinion. In 1972 I could go out multi weekly and drink a quart of rum in a club and ride my Kawasaki home, (H2-750, the original crotch rocket) mostly on the back tire, little LEO at that time, so what? would they have protected me from something? No, I protected my self, I was in control. I survived well on my own, knowing my limits.

However, I tried a few hits of a joint in 1973 one time, and could not get up out of a chair to go pee. Weed is not for me, there will not be a second time I am going to feel like that ever in the rest of my life. I will stick with my Bacardi and Coke.

Not everyone gets totally incapacitated after 3 beers or 3 Bacardi and cokes. Because some do, we all now suffer. We all have to live at the lowest bar the last one passed.

Sorry, I am sitting here on my 12th Miller High Life for the evening writing this gibberish in pieces. Just took a lap around the acreage on my 74 Husky 250CR Enduro. It is cold outside, deer on what I call "turn two" scattered promptly.

Over all the mailbox thing is a bad deal, but not the end of the world for the rest of us. I hope he recovers well.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't know that the driver was owner of the car. The 'box' head may have been hanging out the window so he wouldn't puke in HIS car. He wasn't capable of driving, so his buddy drove. He may have been TRYING to pull over and stop, but 'box' head was already hanging out. From highway speed to stopped takes several seconds. He says, "STOP, I'm gonna puke!" Rolls down window and hangs out. Happens a lot faster than pullover and stop. (NOT that I've been in the situation).

Latest posts

Top Bottom