Chris Christie- This strain of libertarianism is a very dangerous thought

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not going to happen until all the Libertarians have the guts to stop hiding under the GOP banner.

Ah yes "stand on your principles!"...how brave. How futile is more like it.
Sure, That would be best...but if they do that, they lose the stage, no one would give them any play, the message gets completely ignored and dismissed.
There needs to be a plan and a process. Libertarians can and must infiltrate and "rebrand" the Republican Party, or at least cause enough havoc within the party to wake people up, with a clear and strong message and then and only then, maybe they can go on to third party status by abandoning and possibly disbanding the Republican Party brand. In the immediate future third party aspirations will only cause delay and voter erosion unfortunately. I wish it didn't have to be that way and it Doesn't matter how much you care to stand on principles, it's just a fact.

I think if you charted most republican voters they'd come out libertarians just right of center. A fair amount of Democrats would chart out as libertarian dead center or just left of center. There's actually alot of common ground there. The trick is getting the Dems to vote Repub. it's going to be a battle it'll just depend in how fed up people get and how strong the libertarian message is.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

True.

Ah yes "stand on your principles!"...how brave. How futile is more like it.
Sure, That would be best...but if they do that, they lose the stage, no one would give them any play, the message gets completely ignored and dismissed.
There needs to be a plan and a process. Libertarians can and must infiltrate and "rebrand" the Republican Party, or at least cause enough havoc within the party to wake people up, with a clear and strong message and then and only then, maybe they can go on to third party status by abandoning and possibly disbanding the Republican Party brand. In the immediate future third party aspirations will only cause delay and voter erosion unfortunately. I wish it didn't have to be that way and it Doesn't matter how much you care to stand on principles, it's just a fact.

I think if you charted most republican voters they'd come out libertarians just right of center. A fair amount of Democrats would chart out as libertarian dead center or just left of center. There's actually alot of common ground there. The trick is getting the Dems to vote Repub. it's going to be a battle it'll just depend in how fed up people get and how strong the libertarian message is.

To put it in simpler terms, if the libertarians do not run as Republicans, they can not get elected dog catcher????

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True.

To put it in simpler terms, if the libertarians do not run as Republicans, they can not get elected dog catcher????

Totally sucks but yes. In the short term especially. This needs to be pulled off as a coup. IMHO

I truly hate the third party option as far as US politics is concerned.
Stinks of coalition government and Euro Bull Shlitz.

There's clearly another side and points to support the 3rd party option. I just don't agree with it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Exactly. They are winning seats in many places, just as bastardized RINO's who do not follow party principles do in other. Think John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Peter King, Chris Christie, etc. They aren't Republicans at all. You can say these libertarians aren't Republicans, but the truth is they adhere to the party principles and history far better than the aforementioned turds.

Why do you think the media is pushing Christie and King down our throats as the next GOP contenders? It's because they know they can win the primaries, but lose the general. That leaves their beloved Hillary with the crown. The small "l" "libertarians in the GOP will have a tougher time winning the primary, but will pull hard working democrats and independents alike in the general. It's the only way the GOP has a ghost of a chance in 2016. Otherwise, it's going the way of the Whigs. :(

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. They are winning seats in many places, just as bastardized RINO's who do not follow party principles do in other. Think John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Peter King, Chris Christie, etc. They aren't Republicans at all. You can say these libertarians aren't Republicans, but the truth is they adhere to the party principles and history far better than the aforementioned turds.

Why do you think the media is pushing Christie and King down our throats as the next GOP contenders? It's because they know they can win the primaries, but lose the general. That leaves their beloved Hillary with the crown. The small "l" "libertarians in the GOP will have a tougher time winning the primary, but will pull hard working democrats and independents alike in the general. It's the only way the GOP has a ghost of a chance in 2016. Otherwise, it's going the way of the Whigs. :(

Now that is funny!!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is funny because the libertarians currently in the GOP would surely hand the victory to Hillary on a silver platter. I do not think any of the RINOs would do any better but they would not do any worse.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is funny because the libertarians currently in the GOP would surely hand the victory to Hillary on a silver platter. I do not think any of the RINOs would do any better but they would not do any worse.

But whether the RINOs win, or Hillary Clinton wins - the American people still do worse.

"Any way you look at it you lose"

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But whether the RINOs win, or Hillary Clinton wins - the American people still do worse.

"Any way you look at it you lose"

Agreed but I do not think a libertarian would be any better. I know that will upset some here but that is the way I see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom