Obamacare Struck Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That video is considerably different than your previous post. To the end user it's not a lot different than insurance. You have a monthly premium, copay, and the bills are coded and go to the provider. The accounting at the provider is different, but the end user doesn't really know the difference for the most part.

As a business model I don't for the life of me know why this couldn't work far better than our current system as long as it's managed properly. Get the .gov out of the way and see what happens. A few large groups form nationally and BOOM! Insurance will transform itself.
How Medi-Share Works
Each month, your monthly share is matched with another’s eligible medical bills. Through a secure online portal, Medi-Share publishes the bills eligible for sharing and coordinates the direct sharing of medical costs between members. You will know every month whose bills you are paying, and when you have eligible bills, your fellow believers will be sharing those and praying for you.

You go to the Hospital.
The hospital bill's you, and you pay the hospital bill. (You and the Hospital are square)
You submit eligible bill's to Medi-Share, they put you on the list for new members to send you a monthly check to reimburse you for your medical bill;s

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there is one called Samaritan’s purse. I heard about it on American family radio ( a Christian station). Supposedly it is great. I have no idea if it is or not. May be something to check in to.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happens when there are too few new members to meet the bills incurred? This sounds erriely like a ponzi scheme.

This is what I think, also. I cannot imagine them taking anyone who has pre-existing conditions. My medical bills in the last 2 years alone would definitely "price me out". I know my friend NEVER goes to the doctor. NEVER. Lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happens when there are too few new members to meet the bills incurred? This sounds erriely like a ponzi scheme.

It's not exactly apples to apples but something similar is happening with the ACA/Obamacare. Your revenue has to exceed your claims + your administration costs. I haven't seen one of these go under yet but time will tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom