Christmas Eve Traditions? Name them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our tradition is enjoying "fondue" on Christmas eve.
You know, heating peanut oil and frying small chunks of tenderloin on skinny forks.
We started this back in the early 60's and still do it today.
After that, dad gets his Bible and reads the Christmas story.

Above all, this is a time to be grateful.
Even if it is a small reason, be thankful for it and you'll find it can be contagious.

JB is right!
Enjoy and appreciate your families and friends.
Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We would always take the drive down to Blanchard to spend the evening with my dad's (large) side of the family. Christmas day was usually spent at home or with my much, much smaller mom's side of the family. Either way I always think of the drive home from out in the country, looking up in the sky to catch a glimpse of Santa. The night sky out in the country is so different with hundreds, if not thousands, of stars shining so bright. I don't think we'll be continuing the tradition due to most of the family now doing their own thing on the 24th.

But still, when I think of Christmas Eve I can't help but think of the beautiful nighttime sky filled with thousands of shining stars going past as I look out the car window and try not to fall asleep.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tradition used to be letting our kids open a present that had new slippers, pj's and robe, then settin out cookies n milk. Since the girls are married now, we eat shrimp, play cards n just kinda hang out.

I miss my girls being kids and believing in Santa.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tradition used to be letting our kids open a present that had new slippers, pj's and robe, then settin out cookies n milk. Since the girls are married now, we eat shrimp, play cards n just kinda hang out.

I miss my girls being kids and believing in Santa.

I still believe in Santa. We eat shrimp and cheese dip too

Santa brings tme great gifts every year.
I hope thus year is going to be the same

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drinks, games(darts, billiards, texas hold em) for fun at the inlaws, good food typically also involved and we usually do some sort of raffle or drawing that involves scratch offs.

It's lots of fun, been doing it for about 3 or 4 years now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drinks, games(darts, billiards, texas hold em) for fun at the inlaws, good food typically also involved and we usually do some sort of raffle or drawing that involves scratch offs.

It's lots of fun, been doing it for about 3 or 4 years now.

That's a great idea!
I'll pick some up this morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom